Clutch plate thickness - anyone know??

Bizzo

Reaction score
Hi.

I have an 1150GS with 85k miles on the clock. I don't know if it's had a clutch already so I pulled the starter motor to see if I could see the friction plate. I could get a good look a one side of the plate and measured the friction material. On that side it was 2.5mm. If I assume that the wear rate is the same on both sides that would give me 5mm of material. Is that sufficient or do I need to replace it? Ice for a 2k mile trip in a coupe of months so in a bit concerned. Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers

Minimum thickness is 4.80mm

New friction plate is approx 6.60mm thick.

But its hard to accurately measure the friction material thickness through the starter gap as the cover plate and pressure plate wear and the friction material extends into the two plates so maybe thicker than your measurement.

Just another quick question if that's ok? The minimum thickness at 4.8mm, is that the total thickness of the plate or just the friction material? Thanks!

Just another quick question if that's ok? The minimum thickness at 4.8mm, is that the total thickness of the plate or just the friction material? Thanks!

Total thickness of friction plate.

Back
Top Bottom