Thread: Htrf hospice trail

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Htrf hospice trail

Hereford trail riders fellowship
    Weekend guided trail rides and camping within the Welsh borders.
    Sat , sun 9&10 September . Walton court campsite , Presteigne , Wales . Ld8 2py
    Two nights camping , two days guided trail riding , licensed bar, evening meal, morning butty, live music.
    Road legal trail and enduro bikes only. Trf members only.
    Cost £100 in aid of Hereford hospice
    Entry forms or more info. Email. herefordhospicetrail@btinternet.com
    Entries close August 26.

Have been out with these guys they have great trails to ride. Worth a look if you like that sort of thing . Think it's on trf forum now.

Ps. If you went to the horizons unlimited thing a while back they led some rides from there.

Pps. I think there are a few spaces for non trf members.

I am booked into the event. Rode with Gray and Kelvin recently. Fantastic location.

Hope to see you there.
    Was it one of your mates in the helicopter? How is he doing?

Sorry for the late reply. Did not get a notification. Yes was a friend called Ben. Fractured his left collarbone, plus a week later it was established he broke a bone in his right hand.

He is recovering well. Thanks for asking.

Glad he's on the mend.
    Quite a few signed up for the weekend now, should be a good weekend, still spaces left I believe.

I keep pushing it from this side of the country. Perhaps 10 coming from Herts group

The plan is for it to be an annual event , hopefully it will grow and grow once people realise the quality of the riding available in this part of the world.

Is it suitable for someone who has only evcer done one day off road in their lives? And that was on the centre's 250 bike.
    I have a Xcountry 650 with some tyres that have chunky tread, I think they're K60s, but to be honest I haven't looked, they came with it!

The whole idea of me getting the bike was to be able to go a little way off road, rough gravel tracks, that kind of thing. If it involves going through 2 foot deep marsh or bog, I know I am not capable of doing that stuff, but admire those that can.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Is it suitable for someone who has only evcer done one day off road in their lives? And that was on the centre's 250 bike.
    I have a Xcountry 650 with some tyres that have chunky tread, I think they're K60s, but to be honest I haven't looked, they came with it!

The whole idea of me getting the bike was to be able to go a little way off road, rough gravel tracks, that kind of thing. If it involves going through 2 foot deep marsh or bog, I know I am not capable of doing that stuff, but admire those that can.
    I doubt it would be at your level, especially with a dodgy shoulder

You have to be fairly confident and able to ride a TRF weekend

I generally lead the 'novice' groups and they are all pretty competent
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

There are other areas to ride that would be more suitable. The lanes get tougher as the ground gets wetter.

Well what a great weekend that was . 50 or 60 bikes led in small groups. Great variety of trails slippy ruts to rocky climbs , open moorland ,river crossings the lot, weather was reasonable for Wales . Good campsite good company. First time I've done a do like that ,def going again next year.