Klim Latitude

tanneman

Incomplete Arse
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking at these as a road riding kit to dress up in when going to the local Waitrose. No adventures for me off the tarmac :D

Thought about the new BMW Enduroguard suit but there is supply problems for unknown reason and can't get hold of one till September but the dealer said don't bet on that. Was impressed by the Latitude when I had the chance to try it on the NEC show. It seems that the Latitude is being replaced. Pants is £215 from Adventure-spec but the jacket is £580 which takes the sting out of getting new kit with the Goretex shell.

Does anybody use this jacket/pants or combo and what are your thoughts? Not interested in other kit (it came down to a choice between these 2) because I like the big vents of the Klim which no other manufacturer does in a Goretex shell. The Enduroguard got a mention for various reasons one being my local dealer is 20 miles (Adventurebikeshop is a 3 hour drive to get there and back) away and it has almost the same features with some nice touches. Both looks like good touring kit.

Not tried it , but might be worth looking at the FC-Moto site for a jacket.

The latitude trousers on adventure spec are the misano version which (if I recall correctly) are a lightweight variant that they did.

I have the latitude jacket which I bought from FC-Moto with a voucher for around £450. Overall I really like it, some great features and the vents work well. A couple of minor issues though (nothings ever perfect!).

I didn't have much confidence in the D30 level 1 armour. To me it was just too thin. I replaced it with their level 2 stuff (£40) and am replacing the back protector with a Knox microlock level 2 insert so I can ditch the dedicated back protector I also wear.

The collar at the rear doesn't seem to sit against my neck well enough to seal out the rain. There is a pullcord cinch but that can zigzag the material up and makes it worse. I think the answer in heavy or continuous rain is to wear a storm collar or something over the jacket collar that will keep water from finding it's way between neck and collar. I should point out though I think my tendency to wear a forcefield back protector under the jacket makes the shoulder area pull outwards which may be creating a gap at the rear of the collar for the odd drop of water to make it through.

Second issue is the front of the collar, it comes higher up than is comfortable, it would be ok if you rode standing up ie enduro riding but for a sitting position your head is angled downwards. I think they cut the fit for enduro riding. Being laminate goretex the material is quite stiff and needs a lot of breaking in. The collar is where I noticed that more than anywhere else. The ride I did at the weekend was the first ride where the collar wasn't making my neck sore, so we're 7 months in before I can say it's broken in a bit!

Aside from that it's a great jacket. Laminate goretex makes all the difference, it doesn't let any rain through the fabric and it doesn't wet out like something with a waterproof liner. The pockets are well positioned, zips are waterproof, all spot on. I've worn it on -5C winter rides with a couple of layers underneath and had to open the vents. Conversely I've worn it in 28C heat in the lakes on a 200 mile day and with the vents open it was fine.

For the same money I would say rev'it goretex kit is also worth a look. Seems very good kit for the money and with arguably better features in certain areas such as the collar slide adjuster.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just a FYI. I ordered a Lattitude suite on FC moto. Great price. Told me it would ship in 2-3 days. A week and a bit later they mailed me to say it was out of stock and would be another 10 days if they could get one. So I cancelled my order.

cheers

I have a Traverse jacket, bought from here and i'm not totally convinced that Klim is the 'be all & end all' that people sing its praises for

It's an ok jacket - but as said more focused for 'stood up' enduro riding

I have a Traverse jacket, bought from here and i'm not totally convinced that Klim is the 'be all & end' that people sing its praises for

In many respects Im glad I cancelled my order. I was looking at the Klim Carlsbad stuff today and the complete suit was £1120, it didn't feel like that sort of money and was very stiff and uncomfortable. The top end stuff nearer to £1500-£2000 was better but thats a lot of cash.

I've started to look at Dane kit, that looks really well made.

In many respects Im glad I cancelled my order. I was looking at the Klim Carlsbad stuff today and the complete suit was £1120, it didn't feel like that sort of money and was very stiff and uncomfortable. The top end stuff nearer to £1500-£2000 was better but thats a lot of cash.

Maybe a lucky escape

I much prefer BMW clothing

I bought my Latitude suit off FC Moto just over a year ago. Less than £475 delivered if I remember correctly. Yes for the jacket & trousers, the new style with the yellow flashes was available, mine was the all black version, the superseded style.
Great suit. Good ventilation. Lighter than my BMW Rallye jacket.

Thanks for the replies. I don't like jackets that chafe my neck or water that drop down the back of it. So very helpful with the replies. I sweat quite a bit when I'm hot or doing exercise, more so than other people (had its upside during basic military training getting more water breaks :D but I also had to carry more water :blast), so venting on a suit is important to me. Also means I'n not far from a water bottle/camelback when out and about on the bike.

In the past I have had suits from Rukka, BMW, and a Belstaff jacket , all of which I wasn’t entirely happy with for reasons of fitting, comfort and waterproofing. I came across Dane about 8 years ago and bought the Dane Ansted suit (there is a review on this site) which after many touring miles in both the UK and Europe has proved comfortable & absolutely waterproof. Its high quality 3L Goretex laminate ProShell gear with neat practical touches, such as the storm-guard on wrist, magnetic closures on the neck ect.
After 8 years, the Dane jacket is still in excellent condition, but due to lost weight its too big for me now. In my search for new rider equipment, I’ve done the usual rounds of online research and shop visits to try the top Klim, Rukka, BMW, Dianese offerings…. Conclusion, IMHO Dane still provides the best Proshell suits which satisfy my touring/commuting requirements for quality, comfort, fitting, waterproofing etc. However, the BMW street-guard was a very close second.

I have a Traverse jacket, bought from here and i'm not totally convinced that Klim is the 'be all & end all' that people sing its praises for

Seeing as I missed out last time. :blast
I'd be keen to buy it for what you paid for it JB.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom