Someone talk some sense into me!

fatfingers73

Reaction score
Testing the scrambler and urban on Saturday.

I don't know why as I love my 2016 GS.

I just love the look of the other 2.....

If I change it will be my 5th brand new bike in 5 years!

2015 DVT
2014 S1000R
2013 Street striple R

I need help, or a good divorce solicitor!

thinking of changing my 66 reg GS too. love the bike but struggle with a bad back and couldnt walk after a few days away in scotland. thinking of swapping for something much lighter BUT was quoted an absolute joke of a price for it - the bmw's dont lose money is the biggest joke i have heard!!

was always told they depreciate less than other brands - proved now this is absolutely not the case! guess i will have to stick with it and hope my back gets better! I mean, i appreciate bikes lose money, but not at the rate they quoted for me!

was always told they depreciate less than other brands - proved now this is absolutely not the case! guess i will have to stick with it and hope my back gets better! I mean, i appreciate bikes lose money, but not at the rate they quoted for me!

Each year it's getting worse, probably because there are now so many out there now compared to 10 years ago:blast

2015 DVT
2014 S1000R
2013 Street striple R

Go for it ...your a long time dead

Go for an alternative to the boxer engine - I have had boxers since 2005 and wanted a change so went for the Triumph Thruxton R as a summer fun bike - I am impressed with the whole bike but especially the engine, it's a peach and totally different to the boxer.

2015 DVT
2014 S1000R
2013 Street striple R

Don't worry, I have bought (and changed) 3 new bikes in 4 months after a steady 9 years on a GS previously! Mid life crisis! Went from GS to GSA to S1000R Sport and will now be collecting a new GS this week (delayed slightly by the fork issue).

I rode the Urban GS a few weeks ago. Agreed, looks lovely. Of the entire NineT range, it is the most comfortable (the red seat is softer than the others) and it has slightly better ergonomics than the Scrambler, Pure and NineT.

After a LC engine, it does feel under powered by comparison, but probably very similar to most pre 2013 GSs (which of course never felt so at the time but it's all relative).

Overall, I found the bike to be slightly too small and think it would have been better in pre 2013 GS proportions / frame. Feels a bit 'toy town' to me. It's REALLY likeable through the back lanes and you'll probably enjoy it. The little nose fairing is surprisingly effective! If it was larger overall, I would be seriously tempted.

I love me scrambler... then they offered me such a good deal on an Adventure that I ended up buying that too (both on PCP of course!)

Love 'em both

I rode the Urban GS a few weeks ago. Agreed, looks lovely. Of the entire NineT range, it is the most comfortable (the red seat is softer than the others) and it has slightly better ergonomics than the Scrambler, Pure and NineT.

That's weird as the Urban is basically a Scrambler in a white frock

The seat on the Urban is the same as the Scrambler tall seat (just a different material cover) which is a no cost option

I will have to try the Urban back to back with my own Scrambler X :D

Get a dog go for walks. Daughter's partner has everything bikey under the sun and still unhappy, too mucho choice is crazy.

thinking of changing my 66 reg GS too. love the bike but struggle with a bad back and couldnt walk after a few days away in scotland. thinking of swapping for something much lighter BUT was quoted an absolute joke of a price for it - the bmw's dont lose money is the biggest joke i have heard!!

Try using the risers the bring the bars up and back towards the rider from Nippy's. I suffered from back ache but using them makes a massive difference. Cheaper to try them than a new bike :D.

Get a rr instead; it is very addictive.

Hope it's significantly better then the s1r. Rode one for nearly 2 hours - couldn't wait to get off: manic and buzzy, not in a good way, think you're doing 100 when you're doing 70 (converse to the GS), coupled with sore wrists and aching bum. I then stepped on the r12r - the relief was palpable, and the enjoyment x4.

Try using the risers the bring the bars up and back towards the rider from Nippy's. I suffered from back ache but using them makes a massive difference. Cheaper to try them than a new bike :D.

Dont think it was that, 2 slipped discs lower back so sitting for prolonged time plus the weight on and off the stand and wheeling around.... dont wanna give up biking but......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's weird as the Urban is basically a Scrambler in a white frock

The seat on the Urban is the same as the Scrambler tall seat (just a different material cover) which is a no cost option

I will have to try the Urban back to back with my own Scrambler X :D

Check it out! :) You can feel the difference just sitting on them.

Hope it's significantly better then the s1r. Rode one for nearly 2 hours - couldn't wait to get off: manic and buzzy, not in a good way, think you're doing 100 when you're doing 70 (converse to the GS), coupled with sore wrists and aching bum. I then stepped on the r12r - the relief was palpable, and the enjoyment x4.

I have owned a S1R for just over a month / 1000 miles. Added a comfort seat (ESSENTIAL), bar risers/backs (ESSENTIAL) and the taller screen (fairly essential). With the factory tail pack and tank bag, it's a pretty nice (comfortable) set up to be honest and the 2017 bikes have no vibe issues of old. The power delivery of that punchy 4cyl motor is addictive and you could theoretically do a 2 week Euro tour on it.........BUT, I'm switching back to a GS tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom