New GS and a question straight away

ibgarrow

Reaction score
Hi people's
I've just traded in an S1000XR for a new GS1200. I prefer the feel of a big twin-had a Multistrada before the XR and loved it-still do. I've got to run in the GS-halfway there so far and enjoying it.
Here's the query.
At the front of the engine there's a big cover plate, that appears to suffer from being in direct line of fire of the front wheel. Lots of GSs seem to suffer from flaky paint here, and I'd like to protect this bit.
Any advice/recommendations?

I plan on fitting an extender at the front, but wondered whether there's anything to cover the cover, so to speak?

AltRider do a removeable plate. It's been mentioned on here, but do a Google search and you'll find it.:thumb

Hi people's
I've just traded in an S1000XR for a new GS1200. I prefer the feel of a big twin-had a Multistrada before the XR and loved it-still do. I've got to run in the GS-halfway there so far and enjoying it.
Here's the query.
At the front of the engine there's a big cover plate, that appears to suffer from being in direct line of fire of the front wheel. Lots of GSs seem to suffer from flaky paint here, and I'd like to protect this bit.

running in?

Hmmm. They all seem to cover the bottom of that plate, whereas I've seen flaking all around its edge. The Evotech one extends up the furthest, but still doesn't protect the edge with the bolts/set screws. Perhaps I'll just make my own plate and ACF the whole cover, fasteners and all. Any opinions on that? Anyone with experience of LC cover plate corrosion/road blast damage?

Hi people's
Here's the query.

The only protection that I have ever used on this cover on my 4 x 1200s over years is a bit of Scotoiler FS365 or ACF50 - none have ever corroded or gone flaky - all my riding is road riding, if you are going off road then you might want to do more to protect the font from flying stones.

The front cover may well suffer from corrosion from beneath the paint which nothing will stop. It is covered under warranty and a well known issue.

The front cover may well suffer from corrosion from beneath the paint which nothing will stop. It is covered under warranty and a well known issue.

Ah. I've ACF50'd a lot, and will fit a front extender and crud catcher. Hoped that that lot would keep the look fresh.

Back
Top Bottom