painting inside of topbox lid..

BOBAD

Reaction score
I suffered a puncture recently on a deserted unlit B road in the dead of night and in the middle of nowhere...... I felt a bit vulnerable but I had painted the inside of my top box in white and stuck on a highly-reflective triangle made up of off-cuts provided by the garage sergeant at my local nick.

Works really well as a warning device and complies with French traffic regulations while not taking up any space - and it's always there when needed !

Just an idea that others might find useful ! :)

Attachments

• rsz_top_box_tri.jpg
    rsz_top_box_tri.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 616
When I saw the thread heading I thought 'Here we go again'.....:augie

I was wrong. THAT is a great idea.....Gobsmacked that it has not been thought of before (that I know of).......:thumb2

The best ideas are usually simple, well done Bobad. I shall be painting my Metal Mule this weekend.

One of the best original ideas I have seen on this site.

JimmyMac

Credit where it's due

When I saw the thread heading I thought 'Here we go again'.....:augie

I was wrong. THAT is a great idea.....Gobsmacked that it has not been thought of before (that I know of).......:thumb2

Ditto. :blush:
Fair play to the O.P. :thumb2

It would be even more effective (visible) and possibly neater if you used reflective tape instead of the white paint - something like this:

http://www.apetape.co.uk/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=reflective-tape-silver-white-50mm&

Easier to apply on something with a flat lid (vario or metal pannier) than on the box shown by the OP though.

The triangle could be neatly fashioned from the red stuff:

http://www.apetape.co.uk/Item/reflective-tape-red-self-adhesive-25mm

Do you think making it look neat was in the forefront of BOBAD's mind?

attachment.php

:D:D:D

Another alternative is to simply fasten an emergency triangle to the inside of the lid

Back
Top Bottom