Insurance options after Adelaide?

Phaedrus,
may i ask, is the Bike you insured the one you use for Instructing?
If so, you're the first Instructor i know that they cover for use while training. :thumb2
Also - while i'm being nosey* :)
do you have qualifications other than being an A.D.I? - RoSPA / DIA / IAM etc.
The point being - does Principal take into account the lesser risk with more "qualifications"?

*feel free to tell me to feck off :D

The bike in question is expressly not used for instructing - personal use only.

Just ADI doing mostly IBT, and not RoSPA nor IAM yet, but one or both are on my radar, if only to have the qualifs on a CV - achieving the certs has never really meant much to me personally.

Not sure if those qualifs would affect premium as I don't remember them asking, but one would hope/expect any advanced training would reduce a premium - do any of the insurers in Ireland offer discounts for same?

They seemed quite satisfied with my security measures (robust system, multiple approved devices).

Pros and cons ...

The RoSPA DIP. on the CV does help. But it takes a lot of down training to recoup the cost. :rolleyes:
It should lower premium / but IF it does - it wont be by very much. :mad:
Apart from IBT the best work is doing Insurance company Assessments, if you can get on the panel. :blast
If i can assist - let me know. :thumb2 we can meet / you buy the coffees. :p
~~~
Marc

Carol Nash rang earlier as I hadn't responded to their letter.
Me... No, I've had a better quote from Principal.
Him... Let's see what we can do. How about €475.02
Me... No, still way off.
Him... Where do I need to be?
Me... €200 would be great (tongue in cheek)
Him... Ok, I'll refer to the UK and call you back.
Him... How about €284.43

It's like buying a pony at Puck Fair!

Carol Nash rang earlier as I hadn't responded to their letter.
Me... No, I've had a better quote from Principal.
Him... Let's see what we can do. How about €475.02
Me... No, still way off.
Him... Where do I need to be?
Me... €200 would be great (tongue in cheek)
Him... Ok, I'll refer to the UK and call you back.
Him... How about €284.43
Talk about horse trading :rolleyes:
All they're short of doing is starting the call with "Howya boss!" and if you buy ... what's the phone equivalent of spitting on the palm and shaking your hand? :nenau

~~
:D

I've often wondered what they'd say if, when they ask what's the lowest quote I've had, I said "I'm not telling you - this is your one opportunity to get my business: beat my current best (undisclosed) quote and you get my money."

Of them all, it seems CN are the worst pricks for arm-chancing with their first quote. The CN guy I spoke with was sound enough, but my understanding (open to correction?) is that the sales guys make a commission on premiums, so the nonsense first quotes are possibly down to the individual sales guy you get on the phone? If so, CN's phone sales guys need a beating - they're seriously fucking up the biking community's impression of CN...

This race to the bottom with the premiums is a dangerous business. We can rest assured that these low prices won't remain constant. The last thing we want,as previous stated, is someone to reign supreme and end with a monopoly (anyone remember Norwich Union)

Hard to get Principal to call back.
Their excess was higher.
Didn't recognise the insurance company they were putting me with.
Would have liked to support them but Carole Nash was approx €15 cheaper and includes European breakdown cover so I went with them. :nenau

I've often wondered what they'd say if, when they ask what's the lowest quote I've had, I said "I'm not telling you - this is your one opportunity to get my business: beat my current best (undisclosed) quote and you get my money."

Of them all, it seems CN are the worst pricks for arm-chancing with their first quote. The CN guy I spoke with was sound enough, but my understanding (open to correction?) is that the sales guys make a commission on premiums, so the nonsense first quotes are possibly down to the individual sales guy you get on the phone? If so, CN's phone sales guys need a beating - they're seriously fucking up the biking community's impression of CN...

When CN asked me what they had to beat I told them that the information they were requesting was confidential and I couldn't disclose it for data protection purposes as I didn't have Principals permission. JJH

This race to the bottom with the premiums is a dangerous business. We can rest assured that these low prices won't remain constant. The last thing we want,as previous stated, is someone to reign supreme and end with a monopoly (anyone remember Norwich Union)

I don't agree that the prices are low. JJH

I don't agree that the prices are low. JJH
I used the break down cover on my insurance earlier this year. A recovery truck picked myself and my bike up in Carrick-on-Suir and brought us back to Naas...... on a Sunday.

My premium is €238............how much cheaper can it really get while still providing the service I want??

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Yes but if you were in the AA how much would the subscription be? Although you payed 238 to the insurance co. that was broken down into separate policy's. You probably have legal coverage too. The wholesale cost of your breakdown cover was probably €30. Look at all the 1000s of €30 that are payed in without any payout. I've never heard of anyone claiming legal assistance. JJH

Yes but if you were in the AA how much would the subscription be? Although you payed 238 to the insurance co. that was broken down into separate policy's. You probably have legal coverage too. The wholesale cost of your breakdown cover was probably €30. Look at all the 1000s of €30 that are payed in without any payout. I've never heard of anyone claiming legal assistance. JJH

How much would you be happy to pay for fully comp insurance on your pride & joy ?? (genuine question)

I'm very unhappy with the cost of my car insurance but I'm honestly happy with the bike policy.

I'm happy with mine 304 fully comp. obviously I'd like it cheaper but I wouldn't be one for moving for a €10. JJH

Got my renewal quote this week for the fully comp policy on my lebbenfiddy, £89.45. It has gone up this year. :(

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom