Tiger sport 1050 - 2016/7

Buckingham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone here tried the current model Tiger Sport (the one with cruise control) ?

They look pretty good value to me, even though they're chain-drive & you have to pay extra for heated grips & centre stand.

Cheers
John

Thanks - a decent review - mind you that guy doing the vid is gonna come a cropper soon, filtering at those speeds !

Agree with Trev, above - Unlikely to need your bike trucked back from your hols..........

The Tiger Sport appears to be a great bike, with a stocking engine - there was just something holding me back from shelling out on one.

Al

I considered one when the new Sport came out and had a day on a demo. Very nice bike, lovely engine and generally a great all rounder. Only thing that stopped me buying one at the time was the KTM1190.

Looking at the Triumph site I also noticed the 1050 Sprint GT is still going for £8999 in blue or red with full luggage.
I know it's dated & short of gadgetry but that's a lowish price.

Tiger Sport 1050 (2017)

Tried and tested an purchased one 4 weeks ago in the stealth black colour scheme :D
It's such a comfortable, punchy ,well handling bike that I feel will surprise the average GS rider, and after owning 4x GSs myself it's what I've wanted in the BMW but all of the models owned they never filled the bill ,great bikes of course but now my Tiger Sport covers those bases I've wanted ,it may not be an adventure bike but I only want road adventures so for myself it's fantastic at what it offers :clap
Way cheaper than a BWM and no worries of will the shaft disintegrate in later life ,chain an sprockets may be old hat but there not expensive to replace when worn :augie
Get out an take a demo for a couple of hours you may be surprised :thumb

Build quality isnt good I think on the new triumphs, lots and lots of rusty bits.

Mine didn't come with any rusty bits fitted build quality great :rolleyes:
As with any motorcycle they don't clean themselves and need a little fettle occasionally to preserve it it that's your thing ,but I will say you get much more paint on a triumph tiger sport than any BWM ,even had a triumph scrambler before the tiger and that was as greater quality as the 1st edition R9T which is proper BWM quality finish in my mind :beerjug:

My pal's Tiger 800 faired better than any GS800.............

Al
Mine doesn't have any corrosion in the slightest. don't judge the whole lot from a few bad eggs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not been here for a while as I fell out of love with GS's and BMW as a whole. Rode an old 955 Tiger for a year or so then test rode the new one and oh boy I was smitten.

1 year old and now with 7000 miles on it. Not a sign of corrosion anywhere, the paint on my K1300GT's final drive fell off in 3 months and the F800GS needed new gearbox internals at 2400 miles, ok maybe I was unlucky..........

8U5a.jpg

Black Beauty, what an engine, and sound,

Back
Top Bottom