Heidenau K60 Scouts??

Christos x

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone running these on their bikes with tubes? Any real experience of changing tyres, repairing punctures in the field. I've read mixed reviews re handling in the wet and also difficulty in changing tyres. Anyone got ant real experiences?

Cheers

Run these continuously - very happy with performance, proberbly on 4th set so I'm a convert. Use for everyday riding, bit of off-roading, motorway and twisties does it all.

Mileage estimated 7+k from rear 14k from front

I Accidently purchased a front and rear for 1200 GSA LC which require tubes if you are interested - unused, still wrapped so happy to sell @£ 120 plus postage in U.K. Only Estimated at £17.50 if interested PM me

Cheers Dane for info and the offer but they won't fit my 800gs. I'd like to know how difficult these tyres are in terms of diy replacement / puncture repair in the field.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

No personal experience of tyre change - but guy from Tagg has now stopped moaning and warms them up if it's sunny outside to make change easier - they have very stiff walls so guess changing would be a challenge

Puncture repair - hadn't thought about that - haven't had a puncture and do use on rural lanes with loads of hedge trimmings, pot holes and debris

k60,s are great tyres but the side walls are very stiff so they are well known for being a nightmare to change.

No personal experience of changing them but the tyre fitters I've used all curse them, as mentioned above they have very stiff side walls. On a cold winters day at the side of the road you would need to be very good to change a tyre/fix a puncture. I'm sure it can be done but I would hate to have to try myself.

On the plus side if you ride 100 miles of twisty roads at high speed and the bike feels odd you may, like I did, subsequently find there is only 10psi in the front tyre but it stayed on the rim and kept me shiny side up.

Damn good tyres if you can live with the compromised wet grip, noise, and vagueness in high speed corners caused by the blocks flexing.

Any tyre with off road ability and a high mileage capability will need some respect in the wet.

Does anyone have an opinion on how these compare to the Continental TKC70 ??

Back
Top Bottom