A short RR and my review of the R1200RT LE LC.

Nice report.

Thanks for taking the time to write and post.:thumb2:thumb2

Nice one, Pat. Good luck with the new bike :thumb

Taking it that this is your first RT, would be interested to know how you get on with it longer term?

Great report and glad you like the bike. I live my RT and like you kept the R1150GS for rougher roads and trips (see below my signature line).
What I find amazing about the RT is the way it handles windy little back roads - it's superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the RR, I had a spin on an RT a few weeks ago... felt effortless... will keep my 1190 for another couple of years but the RT is a strong contender as my next bike.

Hi Pat
Great review and photos. Glad you're pleased with the RT - pick mine up Tuesday ....
:thumby:

Thanks for that very interesting. Makes me even more pissed off with myself for not buying that lovely bike. Hey ho i wish you continue to use it and have fun like your doing

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Collection trip

Great write up. I have the same bike in the baby blue colour, your bronze is far prettier.
You seem to be a man after my own heart. I collected my one from the seller near Lands end (I'm in Stirling!) and decided I'd be silly not to make use of the distance I was south, so got an overnight ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe.
Had a squirt round some D Day parts early next morning, breakfast in Honfleur, then down the peagé to Geneva.
Alps the next day, meandered up through Switzerland, Germany, a LOT more France as I stupidly hadn't booked the Amsterdam ferry to Newcastle, and then an overnight in the Cotswolds before getting home on the Friday night.
I think 500 mile days are a bit much for me after that (I did 4 of them) but it was great fun, and unlike your trip dry and hot the whole time.
I hear some people have bikes delivered to them, can't think why :)
Anyway, love your bike, stay safe.

I missed this when first written, great write up and as above...makes a mockery of those who can only travel 10miles to pick up a local bike as it's too much like hard work to go any further...

Pat , I enjoyed those photos. I was unaware Leeds had attractive parts !
Hope you enjoy your new bike.

Ask any of the staff in a BM dealer ( from the cleaning lad to the dealer principal) which of the bikes in the showroom they would buy with their own money; ....
the answer is always the same ... RT!

Back
Top Bottom