GS 2018 Changes / Facelift

its the Shit On the Spot Button can only be used when you get off the bike after running too hot into a corner
Roadrider has it on his new GS Rallye

It's been added as a temporary

Save Our Souls, emergency button.

For when your front forks collapse or frame splits in two from rust.

When activated it send's a satellite encrypted voice call directly to your Mum.

She'll listen to your sob story and make you Tea and Cake when you eventually get home.

Unless you like talking to your Mum, don't press it.

The BMW sos thing is useless - right up to the (hopefully) very rare point when it's brilliant. My daughter was involved in a significant accident recently, side impact, all airbags deployed, 2016 3 series a total loss. As the noise stopped and the air bag smoke subsided, she found someone speaking to her, asking if she was OK, informing her that they had her position, giving her advice and, ultimately, providing both emergency services and vehicle recovery. Flawless service from start to finish. Knock it all you like, but be prepared to eat humble pie when you and your pride and joy continue through the hedge and into the ditch and you're on your own.

agree with sea dog above. I have it in my car and for what research I have done it is nice to know its there if ever needed.

on the downside the salesman told me that a local lad had hit his X5 on his on gatepost while reversing out of his drive. BMW contacted him in car and got no answer so sent ambulance/police to the scene. Owner was done for drink driving and possesion of a motor vehicle while under influence. Plus, insurance never covered damage to car or house.

good result i say :)

The BMW sos thing is useless - right up to the (hopefully) very rare point when it's brilliant. My daughter was involved in a significant accident recently, side impact, all airbags deployed, 2016 3 series a total loss. As the noise stopped and the air bag smoke subsided, she found someone speaking to her, asking if she was OK, informing her that they had her position, giving her advice and, ultimately, providing both emergency services and vehicle recovery. Flawless service from start to finish. Knock it all you like, but be prepared to eat humble pie when you and your pride and joy continue through the hedge and into the ditch and you're on your own.

Have to agree, its a great feature. However, presumably we'll get screwed over as usual by only getting 2 years subs thrown in, rather than the 3 you get with a car.

Gets me that its still 3 years warranty for the US mkt.

Back
Top Bottom