Test ride of Z1000SX

How can you go wrong with a Kawasaki suburb bikes with 100% reliability. It is a great pity the do not make a top spec luxury adventure motorcycle with active suspension and loads of goodies.

Wilbers shock and fork cartridges will transform the handling. As they do on a BMW. Though they’ll not turn it into and adventure bike.

Took one out for the afternoon last week, very impressed, a lot of bike for the money even with the performance and touring packs

Same as you though I was thinking how my arse would feel after a few hours, but they're seems to be plenty of alternatives out there

I know it will never be as awesome as my GSA for touring but I am very tempted, this years green is fantastic

Took one out for the afternoon last week, very impressed, a lot of bike for the money even with the performance and touring packs

Same as you though I was thinking how my arse would feel after a few hours, but they're seems to be plenty of alternatives out there

I know it will never be as awesome as my GSA for touring but I am very tempted, this years green is fantastic

Great turbine-like motor.

I had the Versys 1000 which has the same motor but in 120 bhp version rather than 140ish of the SX.

Nearly bought the SX last year but didn't in the end but have one now,although it's the H2 SX so another 70ish bhp on top !!

An iron-butt nutter did 5000 miles on one in 4 days recently so don't think comfort will be an issue,though I think the seat on the H2 is a bit more supportive than the standard bike.

This is the one I bought last September, absolutely lovely bike to ride.

Attachments

• First ride.jpg
    First ride.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 661
  • Kitting up.jpg
    Kitting up.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 664
  • Off we go.jpg
    Off we go.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 640
  • Showroom.jpg
    Showroom.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 695
This is the one I bought last September, absolutely lovely bike to ride.

She's a beauty, love the colour!

How is it for comfort on longer runs?

Got trips planned this year, Spain etc. which i'll be doing on the GSA but that is definitely my next bike

Maybe they'll add cruise control for next year, that would be nice

I love the colour and in the sunlight it has a lovely fleck in it, they dropped the colour for the 2018 range so I had to ask Cradley Kawasaki to locate one in the UK. Fortunately they managed to find a couple still in their shipping crates. Comfort seems fine for 100 mile plus runs but I haven't yet had chance to try it out on a 250+ mile day. Seriously suggest that you take one for a test run.

You are right about the lovely flake in the paint....and almost ready for her first service next Tuesday :)

Lovely neutral bike to ride.

Denbigh and Llanberis today:thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 516
Green with a gel seat, and fill the bars with silicone clear , cuts the vibes doon.

You are right about the lovely flake in the paint....and almost ready for her first service next Tuesday :)

Lovely neutral bike to ride.

Denbigh and Llanberis today:thumb2

Good to hear your enjoying it Kenny; 2800 on mine now; TT; Chimay; And Stormin the Castle; 2 up and all camping gear for Chimay; plenty of go; handling; and comfort for both of us; a really surprising all rounder. I fitted a Ventura rack System on mine after Rick had spoke well of his on the Duc. :beerjug:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180702-215336.jpg
    Screenshot_20180702-215336.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 523
  • Screenshot_20180913-091357.jpg
    Screenshot_20180913-091357.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 497
The flek in the H2 SX is slightly different but a deeper colour I think
2b810d2745cc6655acd6ee76a4bdaeee.jpg

The flek in the H2 SX is slightly different but a deeper colour I think
2b810d2745cc6655acd6ee76a4bdaeee.jpg

I think the H2 and the SX is the same Green; saying that; i thought the H2 looked a little darker; it could be the black panels instead of the silver that makes the the difference. They do tend to change in different light.:beerjug:

I keep looking at the newer z1000sx, hows the handling?

The biggest compliment i could give would be; you never really have to think about it; it gets on with whatever i've thrown at it; either 2up; 2up fully loaded; or on my own; goes well; handles well; and stops in fuckin brick wall fashion:D. The original tyres are shite once they are worn; tramlining and vague; but they stay stuck to the rd; so you just ride round it till they need changing. For a bike that looks fairly small ; there's loads of room on it for 2; which was one of the main reasons i bought mine. Take one for a ride; i don't think you will be disappointed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190601-211529.jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-211529.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 533
  • Screenshot_20190601-211524.jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-211524.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 498
  • Screenshot_20190601-211416.jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-211416.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 500
As Snelly has stated, the handling is great, overtakes are executed in a trice on A and B roads, 3rd gear revving in the mid-range and boom - gone and past and back in before you know it.

The biggest compliment i could give would be; you never really have to think about it; it gets on with whatever i've thrown at it; either 2up; 2up fully loaded; or on my own; goes well; handles well; and stops in fuckin brick wall fashion:D. The original tyres are shite once they are worn; tramlining and vague; but they stay stuck to the rd; so you just ride round it till they need changing. For a bike that looks fairly small ; there's loads of room on it for 2; which was one of the main reasons i bought mine. Take one for a ride; i don't think you will be disappointed.

How are you getting on with the Ventura ?

I love mine but i tend to only ride one up so i have the rack over the rear seat to balance the weight a bit better

Best easiest luugae system i have ever used

now transferred to the KTM although i may remove the OE grab rail thing so i can have the rack over the seat again

How are you getting on with the Ventura ?

I love mine but i tend to only ride one up so i have the rack over the rear seat to balance the weight a bit better

Best easiest luugae system i have ever used

now transferred to the KTM although i may remove the OE grab rail thing so i can have the rack over the seat again

Lovin it Rick; i too turn mine round when i'am on my own and place it over the seat; like you say; so versatile; proberbly the best luggage rack system you can get. And rated for 10k unlike most other stuff.:beerjug:
This was last year loaded up for the Stormin with my lad. When i'am with her; i just turn the rack round and bung the boxes on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190612-151447.jpg
    Screenshot_20190612-151447.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 439
  • Screenshot_20190612-151439.jpg
    Screenshot_20190612-151439.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 441
Lovin it Rick; i too turn mine round when i'am on my own and place it over the seat; like you say; so versatile; proberbly the best luggage rack system you can get. And rated for 10k unlike most other stuff.:beerjug:

And i forgot to ask

What tyres are they on the Kwak ?

Pirelli angel gt per chance ?

I have them on the KTM and i am not liking them as much as road tec metzlers and i cant wait to wear the angels out and replace them ( I am too tight to just replace them) there is nowt wrong with them that i can put my finger on but, and its probably in my head, they dont feel as secure as the road tec

Back
Top Bottom