Luggage for GS Adventure (2017)

Paul2129

Reaction score
I called in at my local BMW dealer today, he explained how the Adventure comes fitted with the racks/frames that accept the aluminium boxes. He then showed me a bike which a customer was about to collect.
Just to jump to what I'm riding now, I have a Honda NC750X with firstly a 'frunk' that front storage compartment, I then have Givi Trekker Outback side cases (about 36 or 32 litres... both are the same, there's no 'exhaust cut-out' needed) and I have a pretty big top case, maybe 52 litres. Now on my NC, the side cases can't be opened with the top box in place as the lid hits, but I can remove the lid from the side cases, or obviously take them off

Question is, although the 'standard fit' BMW aluminium cases (for Adventure) are a good size, the top case is poor (to me anyway) and looks like some larger helmets won't fit

What are my options here, can I spec a larger top case (BMW make) do the lids lift off the side cases (because of the 'hitting the top box' problem

Or..... are there some other GOOD alternative makers that do boxes to fit the BMW frames ?

I really don't want bad luggage, I had all kinds of problems with the Givi set on my NC rattling around

Just that at first glance, the OEM set for the Adventure looks limiting to me

Back
Top Bottom