1150RT Horny issue!

Marty

Reaction score
Hi 'ukgser' communit! (it's been a while!)

I've lost me horns!

And I'm just about frazzled and out of ideas, having been tinkering away all of today. :blast

I think the left hand switchgear horn switch is duff. However, all other switches fine on that side.

The bikes a 2002 single spark with the twin Bosch horns.

What I've tried to check

I have a 12v supply at the fuse and relay. Have swapped the relay, nothing. Also the fuse is good.

The horns have the 2 wire cable feed - brown (earth?) and green/grey (live) with the tiny recessed pin socket connectors. I've tried to check for a 12v supply between either of the female connectors and battery earth, but cannot get a reading.

Have dismantled switchgear, overdosed it on contact spray and reassembled, still nowt.

It looks like the live feed from the ignition switch goes to a junction block up under the left hand side of the instrument panel and the horn switch wires also go to this block??

I'll be damned if I can get my mitts in there to separate the terminal block and check for corrosion.

The cable sheath that houses all ignition and other wires along/under the support frame in front of the headstock is cracked/perished, but I cannot see any obvious broken/bare wires!

What have I overlooked or failed to check?. I only have a multimeter to hand (no test lamp) as away from home.

Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom.:thumb An internet search hasn't thrown up anything close.

Cheers

Marty

Stick a pin or pins in the wire and use the multimeter to trace where your live feed ends, can you put a live feed straight to the horns to see if they work

Back
Top Bottom