FIAMM Mini Blaster Twin Horns

woody1707

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted these to a GS LC ? if so would appreciate tips on where best to fit and how to wire them. Nippy Normans sells them code FIA-MINITWIN

I was considering a FIAMM master blaster but it looks very bulky and I have read reports that it is difficult to accommodate and the twin horn option seems much neater with the same 119 DB. Thought I could get one in each side or hang from my BMW fog light bracket.

I don't want to spring for a Hezexcan and am unsure as to how to wire the pair in. Wiring diagram taking into account the Canbus connection would be really appreciated if anyone has fitted them.

Why do I want a louder horn ?....myopic driver in a van tried to reverse into me last week , he couldn't see me and I couldn't peddle backwards as facing downhill, he had overshot his junction. I couldn't ride around him as he was reversing at me and closed the gap too fast, he couldn't hear my horn
Luckily a pedestrian saw what was happening and shouted at him to stop. Cannot say I use the horn much but when you do need it the stock item is pathetic.

Cheers

Could use one but this is not as loud as the twin set which are also high and low notes so combined make a much more noticeable sound.

I wanted max sound

I fitted a Denali Soundbomb in addition to the stock horn - just using a connection from the stock horn circuit to drive the relay for the Soundbomb, which is powered from a Fuzeblock, so it does not upset the CANBUS. This gives me a two tone and much louder horn with both working together, and if either fails I have a backup. I was able to mount the extra horn inside the front left corner of the fairing, near to the headlamp adjuster, where it is well clear of the forks.

Hi
I get my new GS on Thursday, I hope. Bought the Stebel Nautilus from Hornig. Got the mount and wiring kit for neat install between the forks. There is an installation video too. Had the Nautilus on previous bikes, it is very loud!

They are difficult to fit on a GS. Had them on my K1600's no problem. If you buy them also buy the canbus connector which makes fitting easy. You could fit them on your GS but will need to make a new bracket so that they sit one above and one below instead of side by side. I have fitted the larger horn - master blaster type and fits fine but you can see the bottom of it slightly sticking out. Hope this helps

Is this still an issue on later models? My late 16 euro 4 model sounds pretty good for a bike horn... but I haven't tried it whilst reversing a white van! :D

Fred any chance of a photo to show how/where you fitted the Soundbomb

Cheers

Here are a couple of photos.

The first shows the existing bolt I used to hold the bracket I made. Note that this bolt seems to be holding the instrument panel and goes into a rubber well nut which has the threaded section at the bottom of a rubber tube surround - I guess this is used to isolate the panel from vibration. The slight problem is that if you don't use a longer bolt then it may not reach the threaded bit at the bottom of the rubber surround. I just used a flat bladed screwdriver to compress the bottom of the rubber surround to bring the threaded section in reach of the bolt. Once started it is fine because the rubber section is designed to compress as you tighten the bolt - just don't over tighten and destroy it.

The bracket is just a piece of ally strip bent and twisted slightly, with a hole drilled in each end, as you can see in the second photo which also reveals how grubby it has become in there - must give it a clean sometime! The fork is shown at its nearest point to the horn, so you can see that there is plenty of clearance.

Hope that helps.

Fred

A6K-3047129-5846-X2.jpg

A6K-3047129-5852-X2.jpg

Fred any chance of a photo to show how/where you fitted the Soundbomb

Cheers

Hi Woody,

I've just fitted the split soundbomb via the Hex EZCan. I've simple zip-tied the compressor into place with big meaty zips. The horn unit I mounted onto the original bracket with an extension that is about 4" long. The hose I just cable tied along the underside of the guard after drilling 3 3mm holes...

Pictures attached

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_2070.jpg
    IMG_2070.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_2071.jpg
    IMG_2071.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 413

Back