Edinburgh parking

RevvingRev

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have to be in Edinburgh city centre for work tomorrow. Planning on taking the bike.

Any recommendations for somewhere 'safe' to park up for a couple of hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a couple of chains, and park in George St, or any of the bike bays. They aren't marked on any maps, but there is a list of them on the Edinburgh org website.

There are bike thefts in Edinburgh, but I see plenty with minimal physical security.

Al

I believe Saltire Motorcycles also offer secure parking in their yard but I think you pay for it.

Thanks everyone for the tips and Scotboxer that was very kind of you to offer.

It all worked out fine, who knew cities could be so helpful with lots of Motorbike parking spaces with big metal rails to lock your bike to. Oh and allow you to ride in bus lanes.

The frozen North here (Aberdeen) has a long way to go.

Thanks again.

It all worked out fine, who knew cities could be so helpful with lots of Motorbike parking spaces with big metal rails to lock your bike to. Oh and allow you to ride in bus lanes.

Thanks again.

Me and the wife had our first visit to Edinburgh in May. EVERY single person that we met...bus drivers/taxi drivers/bar workers/shop assistants etc etc, of whatever nationality, was helpful and courteous. Maybe we just got lucky, but it was an eye opener and we loved the place.

Try that in London......:eek:

Thanks again.

Yer lucky the neds mustve been somewhere else nicking another bike ..:augie

For what its worth if I have to go into the centre of Embra its invariably easier to park up at Halbeath and jump on a bus. Old fart card helps too.

Back
Top Bottom