Insurance for Morocco - Aviva says no

Baz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My insurance policy is due renewal very shortly and I would like to stay with Carole Nash. I asked about green card cover for Morocco for 11 days in October only to be told they wont offer cover. The guy at Carole Nash is being helpful and is going to try & get a reason, but at the moment its not looking good. Has anyone else had this problem recently? Are there any other options apart from purchase at the border?

Ta
Baz

Carole Nash do use Ageas, but the cover was twice what Aviva wanted. May end up insuring with another broker and buy a green card at the border.

You can buy insurance at the terminal at T/Med....it'll cost about €90 for three weeks cover so should be well below that for your stay. There's a couple of ATM's at the offices so you can lift dirhams out with your UK card and pay cash if need be.

:D

I believe its @ 60 Euros for 10 days and 90 Euros for anything above up to a month. We're there for 11 days.

I called Aviva yesterday to arrange my Green Card for Morocco in September. It took about an hour despite having told them all the details earlier in the year. Biggest issue appeared to be how I was getting to Morocco - they had issues with via Spain as they thought Morocco was near Turkey? They also thought that Tangier was a country in its own right? Eventually got it sorted for £78! I really dont understand why it has to be so difficult - Morocco is inside the Green Card area and it should be no more difficult than the Balkans or any other non-EU country.

I gave up with CN, lots of "we'll ring you back" which never happened & I couldn't get a straight answer from them. In the end I went with Hastings who were a lot cheaper and even with purchasing insurance at the border I'm still @£100 better off.

Cost last Monday at the TM insurance booth was 95 Euros for a month .

I was with Aviva last year and they would issue a green card provided I supplied them with a route through Morocco.
I'm now with Zenith and they said no.

I renewed with Aviva as the only way to get a Green Card for my recent trip to Morocco. The policy was almost £100 more than my usual BMW policy and then I p[aid another £70 for the Green Card. Having been to Tanger Med twice now, the insurance office is so easy to access, I would not bother next time and take the local insurance.

I renewed with Aviva as the only way to get a Green Card for my recent trip to Morocco. The policy was almost £100 more than my usual BMW policy and then I p[aid another £70 for the Green Card. Having been to Tanger Med twice now, the insurance office is so easy to access, I would not bother next time and take the local insurance.

We are booked to go to Cueta- landing at 9am - is there an easy office there to buy insurance?

Thanks
D

Yes. As you come out of the customs immediately to your right is a cash machine and the insurance office.

Thanks for all the posts, very useful information as I am part of a group travelling to Morocco in October.

Q: Was the insurance fully comp? (others in my group have been told it's 3rd party only - which won't cover damage to our bikes)
Q: Does anyone have an idea of the cost for 2018? 2 x Gs's + others.

Any further information / ideas much appreciated.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom