TomTom Bandit

vRSG60

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got a TomTom Bandit?

I bought one a week ago and am having nothing but problems.

Where do I start.

1. Remote works when it feels like it, no way of knowing if it had or hadn't until I get back from a ride and found I'd recorded bugger all.

2. The camera itself doesn't like any SD cards I use. I get either "check SD card" error or "insert SD card" error despite me having inserted the card several times.

3. The iPhone app is nigh on useless. Sometimes works, sometimes freezes up or won't connect.

4. The computer editing software won't install on my Laptop. So again useless.

All in all I did manage to get one video of my front room but put the camera on anything moving, my GS, my mountain bike, the dog, next door's cat, whatever, resulted in an error message.

The TomTom forum has quite a lot of posts with similar problems.

All the problems could stem from a bad SD card or poor buffer speed.

I'm awaiting a new SD card, when this arrives I'll give it another go, if this fails then it's going back.

A shame because if it worked it would have been just what I wanted. The main reason I bought the camera was for the ease of editing in the app. I've not even got that far yet!!!

I think it's only fair to follow up on my original post.
The new card has arrived and it works in the camera. No crashes or SD card error.
I'll keep the camera but the 1st instance of a card error and I'll revert back to Drift.

I've had the TomTom bandit for a few years now and never had any issues with the camera/ software or computer side of things the picture quality is great and the phone app I've found great making up small videos of the highlights from the ride.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Regarding the SD card, have you formatted it correctly prior to using it with the camera? I had one of these cameras and found its to be a great action camera however I sold it due to the lack of a loop feature.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

This is quite an old thread now but since I changed to another SD card I had no problems.

I like the TomTom and as above the app feature that creates a 1 minute compilation video is very good.

The remote is my main gripe. OK to switch a recording on but fiddly to turn off, and I often leave it running, thinking I've turned it off but haven't.
The red LED on the remote that tells you it's recording flashes once every 3 or 4 seconds or so. Fine, if you want to take your eyes off the road for 4 seconds to check it's recording!

The Drift remote wins hands down. Nice big buttons for on & off. You can change the recording function via the remote too. It flashes a different colour depending on the recording function chosen.

Camera wise. Not a lot in it. The Drift camera head rotates so the video is always in the correct orientation. With the TomTom you rotate the whole camera. Much the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom