18W Cree LED Auxiliary Lights - Night Rider Video

I thought the light spread in the foreground and middle distance was excellent but I was a little surprised that the full beam with the Cree lights on 100% didn't illuminate further up the road - perhaps the video didn't show them in all their glory. However if you have them pointed 20 feet in front of the bike that would explain it.

Do you not think that the BMW auxiliary lights do a good enough job of lighting the foreground and middle ground areas of road surface and that it would be more advantageous to have lights showing what was happening even further up the road, all the better for you to plan ahead?

I took your advice, readjusted the spot lights and went out on another night run a couple of days ago.

I also took off the Touratech Grill guard. It's actually more light just from doing that.

Think it looks better now, so thank you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PpT8inaQfWc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm due to pick up my 2017 TE on Friday . No Bars fitted as yet. Look good at a reasonable price. Would these be mountable without bars? It's intended I use a EzCAN for connection.

The spot lights are very cheap, less than £20 for a set. I've seen them as cheap as £9.99 per set !!

The brackets to mount them onto the bars cost more at around £30 for a set.

The HEX EzCan I would recommend only because you can control the light output strength 0% to 100% in 10% increments, depending whether you are on DRL, Dipped or Main Beams.

Not sure where you would mount them as mine are on the crash bars.

The spot lights are very cheap, less than £20 for a set. I've seen them as cheap as £9.99 per set !!

The brackets to mount them onto the bars cost more at around £30 for a set.

The HEX EzCan I would recommend only because you can control the light output strength 0% to 100% in 10% increments, depending whether you are on DRL, Dipped or Main Beams.

Not sure where you would mount them as mine are on the crash bars.

Something akin to this will meet my needs I think.

http://ruggedroads.co.uk/epages/00c...604-5d1c-407e-8207-580e14387ec5/Products/1109

Lights, mounting bracket and EzyCAN all ordered . Bloody expensive this malarkey. :eek:Don't tell Mrs. FD please. :thumb

Dont forget some 2 core cable. I'd recommend about 4 metres so you have some contingency.

Preferable soldered joints otherwise they may rattle into poor connections on a bike.

Dont forget some 2 core cable. I'd recommend about 4 metres so you have some contingency.

Preferable soldered joints otherwise they may rattle into poor connections on a bike.

Was thinking crimped joint with heat shrink connectors. Way to go or not?

Ok they're fitted. One issue I've noticed is that having set the Ezcan to have the lights off when the indicator is on it seems to only work with the left indicator. I've wired both up to the one 10 A output on the Ezcan so that I can wire my soundbomb horn to the second 10A output. I'm assuming that having done it this way the outcome I'm looking for will not work? Do both lights need to be wired to each 10A output separately for this to work?

Sorted. If I'd taken the time to look at the configuration menu I'd have seen that selecting the third option allows for the set up I'm after.

Hi all,

In amongst all my other tech testing I went out last night to test my lighting setup, and record a video.

Currently I have

- BMW LED Headlights (protected by a Touratech Grill Headlight Protector) Which I left on in the video, but will remove next time as it casts to many shadows.
- BMW LED Fog Lights
- 18W CREE LED Auxiliary Lights

They are powered and controlled from the HEX EzCAN device. So the 18W CREE LED auxiliary lights run on 10% power except when Main Beam is applied, they then switch over to 100% power

What do you think?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jYEn_UlIe80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just a quick question - will the hex ezcan dim any led light to run day and night setups ?

Just a quick question - will the hex ezcan dim any led light to run day and night setups ?

If you check out the ez-cam website you note on the front lighting set up has a slider menu so the rider can set the standard brightness the lights will run at, mine are set to 50%.The thumb wheel can then be use to adjust brightness up or down on the fly but the system is not fitted with a night time detector to alter the brightness.There is also an option to have the front lights flash at 100% when the horn is pressed .

566e69e83e096fc56a40eb93592927c1.png

http://hexezcan.com/software/

There two other similar light control systems listed in the ez-cam thread

If you check out the ez-cam website you note on the front lighting set up has a slider menu so the rider can set the standard brightness the lights will run at, mine are set to 50%.The thumb wheel can then be use to adjust brightness up or down on the fly but the system is not fitted with a night time detector to alter the brightness.There is also an option to have the front lights flash at 100% when the horn is pressed .

566e69e83e096fc56a40eb93592927c1.png

http://hexezcan.com/software/

There two other similar light control systems listed in the ez-cam thread

Thanks for that feedback - I did hear somewhere that you can get the lights to change due to the light coming in the dash - I’ve got an oil cooled 1200 2010 so old tech lol

Back
Top Bottom