HP Pavillion de3sk to all in one about five years old.

davegs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone ever worked on one of these?, trying to remove the rear panel but cannot get it to budge.
Have undone all the screws but all I've got is the cover coming away slightly at the bottom, all the guides on you tube have a different set up screws different and HP guides on screen the same. One of the U Tube demos says the back is tough to remove the first time but before I get out the hammer and chisel I;d like to get it off without, gonna chuck the whole bloody thing it the bin!!. Any assistance appreciated .:nenau:nenau

Brilliant, many thanks Mr Bear, been on the help site before and U Tube, lots of info but all for US models which have a different rear panel and fixings. My thought were correct it does take a bit of force to remove panel but at least I found all the screws as I thought there must be one more, but no a good pull is required. All plastic so a bit of care required, once again many thanks.

With further reference to the above, looks as so I need a new hard drive about £40 from amazon so not too bad as ait would cost more than that from someone to look at the thing. So, hard drive is a Seagate Barracuda plenty on amazon about £40, found one the same size (50gigs) will these all fit they look the same size but wondered about plug in combatability ?. Have got all the discs for windows so will mean starting over but for £40 worth the agro any advice piss taking etc appreciated.

You need to make sure that the disk you buy has the same interface (almost certainly SATA) and at at least the same rotational speed (almost certainly 7200 rpm). Also make sure it's the same size (2.5 inch or 3.5 inch) otherwise you'll have fun fitting it. Your disk is probably a SATA 2 but anything you buy now will be SATA3 which in my HP Pavilion desktop works fine. If your disk has failed completely or there's some sort of virus on it then re-installing Windows from original disks should be fine although you might end up contacting Microsoft by phone to sort out registration. If the disk isn't trashed then cloning it might save you some work. It wasn't the cheapest way but I bought a 1Terabyte Western Digital dislk and USB enclosure from PC World, cloned the original disk then stripped the HP down to fit it.

If you're changing the hard drive, you might want to consider getting an SSD.
The improvement in performance is astonishing.

Especially on a Windows machine that quickly fills its main memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom