Baltic square parking and nosh

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm going to a gig at Baltic Square on Sunday and will be taking the car. Have had a wee look online and there are various NCP type car parks nearby. What 's the situation re street parking?

Also looking for a place to eat on Saturday neet :D. Will be taking the family so not looking for Michelin stars, just a well run Italian or Chinese or curry house. It has to be handy for the Metro also.

Cheers Bonnie lads!

I'm going to a gig at Baltic Square on Sunday and will be taking the car. Have had a wee look online and there are various NCP type car parks nearby. What 's the situation re street parking?

Also looking for a place to eat on Saturday neet :D. Will be taking the family so not looking for Michelin stars, just a well run Italian or Chinese or curry house. It has to be handy for the Metro also.

Cheers Bonnie lads!

Have a look on google street view around the area and see what its like yourself

On street parking is difficult but you could park further away and use the regular bus service which stops outside the Sage and Baltic - this is one example https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/times...onortheast.co.uk/timesfares/search?q=quaylink.

There is a large car park adjacent to the Sage gateshead but it costs. More info -
http://www.gateshead.gov.uk/Parking...Car-parks-and-on-street-parking/Carparks.aspx

As for food, you are spoilt for choice. Simply walk across the Millennium Bridge to the Newcastle side of the river and there are numerous cafes, bars and restaurants ranging from Wetherspoons to Michelin stars. I'd recommend Sabatini - http://www.sabatinis.co.uk
It's worth booking

All this info and more available from Mr Google

ps - the Metro isn't a particularly good choice for that area of the town as it doesn't go there. The nearest is probably Gateshead which is about 10-15 minutes walk away

Scotty it's a while but I had to get some boaty bits down from the sage and I parked down the South shore road I presume the parking will still be available. hopefully)

If yer usin the Metro, why yer bothrin wi'parkin lad?

Well spotted that man! Saturday night ='Metro in from bnb and meal. Sunday morning = drive in for gig and then gannin Yem after!

Have a look on google street view around the area and see what its like yourself

Concept of personal recommendation not reached Hull yet. Mind you, I can see why! :D

Thanks for all the help folks. By ... Newcastle has changed a bit since my childhood in Washington! Turns out Saturday was Ladies' Day at the races. I thought at first that one of those Korean style mass weddings was going on! More weird hats and um ... fascinators (?) than you could chuck a stick at. Most of the wearers were well on too. Not as well on (or as skimpily dressed) as some of the bright young things we saw later though. I thought the Geordie shore was a media invention! Gee whiz! Oh to be young again! :D

Wow. There's a blast from the past. Washington, eh?
Not Fatfield, by any chance?

Nope but had cousins there. I stayed near Brady Square. Got the bus from Worswick Street where I noted the bus station still stands, presumably awaiting demolition. Went to Biddick Primary school which is about the only building still standing in the area. Last time I was there anyway. All,demolished,for the New Town.

I'm sure the BSAB's would have been around at that time, then?! Hey hey!
My sister went to that school, and she's living on the edge of Picktree, now.
Still get up there quite frequently, too.
Small world.

Back
Top Bottom