When did the R1200GS become Euro-3 Compliant?

My 06 R1200gs is not subject to the ULEZ

Ironically as is my 53 plate 3.0 Subaru lol

:D

Just did the check. My 54 plate (jan 05) 1200GS is compliant with the new regulation.

Val.

Well, if you belive the signs and cameras around where I live, then yes, they claim to be able to see/identify polluting vehicles and of course take action. Not entirely sure if it's bullocks or real.

North Korea? FFS, they've got nothing on us!
Yes. Unless tfl have developed an APR camera that tests emissions.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Well, if you belive the signs and cameras around where I live, then yes, they claim to be able to see/identify polluting vehicles and of course take action. Not entirely sure if it's bullocks or real.

North Korea? FFS, they've got nothing on us!

That's likely to be the easy hits with visible smoke from diesels with clogged filters and blown turbos or clunkers that use more oil than petrol.

That's likely to be the easy hits with visible smoke from diesels with clogged filters and blown turbos or clunkers that use more oil than petrol.

That'll be most diesels then ;-)

That'll be most diesels then ;-)

I’m sure that’s the plan.

Diesels with working exhaust filters and Adblue will be cleaner than petrol engines. But lets not allow the facts to cause confusion. The idiots at VW gave the anti car brigade an open goal.

I’m sure that’s the plan.

But lets not allow the facts to cause confusion. The idiots at VW gave the anti car brigade an open goal.

Yep, i completely agree with you on that!

I was overtaken today by a Tesla Model S. Whatever we say about petrol and IC engines in general, that is just one cool piece of kit.

Meh battery cars are an OK short term solution to inner city pollution but that about it. I can see the headlines now in 20 years on sky news. "oceans poisoned by lithium battery dumping"

R1150GS

Considering the R1150GS has O2 sensors & a huge cat, I'd have thought it might be euro 3 compliant - just wondered whether anyone has written to BMW to ask this ?

My 2001 R1150GS comes up on the checker as not ULEZ compliant, although I'm pretty sure when I previously checked it came up as compliant !

Surprisingly my 2001 Audi TT 225 comes up as compliant.........

My 2001 R1150GS comes up on the checker as not ULEZ compliant, although I'm pretty sure when I previously checked it came up as compliant !

Yep, that happened to me too. I believe they updated the list of Reg numbers and ruled many more vehicles non compliant.

Attachments

• BE835580-0333-4EA4-A7C8-FA1269D462E1.png
    BE835580-0333-4EA4-A7C8-FA1269D462E1.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 705
Sadly I also have to confirm that my bike, which is an 2002 1150GS Adventure is showing up as it will be required to pay the daily ULEZ charge; however when I first looked at this in the summer of this year it was saying that it was compliant...so it would look as if the comments above are correct in that they have UNFORTUNATELY updated their database...

If anybody has a solution to this (other than the stupid ones on the ULEZweb-site), which will enable me to continue using my 1150GSA to commute then you will make me a very happy man indeed...here's hoping...

Tim
I have emailed BMW customer service UK this morning, asking them to confirm that my 2001 R1150GS is euro 3 compliant - will post up their response if/when I get one !:cock

If anybody has a solution to this (other than the stupid ones on the ULEZweb-site), which will enable me to continue using my 1150GSA to commute then you will make me a very happy man indeed...here's hoping...

Well there was a protest group, We ride London, that was in dialogue with TFL and the MP's transport committee but due to motorcyclist apathy and unfortunate timing, a protest ride was planned on the 23rd march 2017 in Parliament square, the day after the westminster bridge terror attack.

The MP's transport committee was on our side and Khans/TFL's own consultation on the matter came to the conclusion that bikes were the solution to the problem, not what the mayor wanted to hear so he ignored it..
But we run out of steam due to the apathy of the majority of bikers.

Come next April these same people will be complaining that no one has done anything.

I think most of us know they have been one of the answers for years. To be honest, I can't talk about it because I just get angry. Interestingly I was talking about moto use of the bus lanes only just this afternoon wroth my old man.

I have the memory of that F Wit Johnson (when he thought he was mayor) lashing out while out on his bike and shouting in retaliation that he would "remove the right for bikers to use bus lanes!".

That's what we're up against. Bone heads. Not apathy. To be honest Steppers, apart from your input on here in various posts, I haven't seen much else on this particular story, but then I haven't bought MCN or a bike mag in a while. I've just been riding!

But don't get me started as I'll be onto that 20mph limit before I know it! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tim
I have emailed BMW customer service UK this morning, asking them to confirm that my 2001 R1150GS is euro 3 compliant - will post up their response if/when I get one !:cock

Ta very much...that is definitely the news I would like to hear...

Back
Top Bottom