MC Piston Rally Spain - September 24th to October 1st, 2017

BillN

Reaction score
September 24th to October 1st, 2017

anyone going - I thought that I might trailer my R90S down there - enjoy the hotel and food and drive the trailer around for a few days and then come home

we only live a few hours away

http://www.mcpiston.com/ukpistonrally.html

I'll be there Billn, either on R100GS or HP2 Megamoto. I know both are inappropriate for the pre '80 thing but I did it before and all they worry about is the 500 curves ride, which I don't think I'm up for anyhow
Look out for around a dozen Brits half of whom will have classic bikes
Cheers
Mike

September 24th to October 1st, 2017

anyone going - I thought that I might trailer my R90S down there - enjoy the hotel and food and drive the trailer around for a few days and then come home

we only live a few hours away

http://www.mcpiston.com/ukpistonrally.html

If you only live a few hours away why would you not ride the bike there. Its what its made for??

If you only live a few hours away why would you not ride the bike there. Its what its made for??

I intended a slight irony in my post - I would probably just drive down and send a few days holiday there with my wife.

I have stopped riding for various reasons

The photo opportunities will be good

I'll be there with a mate on old BMW's, probably the R100RS Motorsport. driving down from Scotland, cause that's what there're built for.
Been to the last two M C Piston rally's in June and they've been great. This June, there was about 30 British guys there, mainly on BMW's, but a great crowd overall. Did the 5000 curves which is generally 280 odd miles and takes the whole day. 2 groups on the 5000 curves, the fast group and the slower group. Great way to see the local area. Thoroughly recommended.
This will be my first time on the September rally, but have seen the rally various times in the Picos area, and some stunning bikes.

I'll be there with a mate on old BMW's, probably the R100RS Motorsport. driving down from Scotland, cause that's what there're built for.
Been to the last two M C Piston rally's in June and they've been great. This June, there was about 30 British guys there, mainly on BMW's, but a great crowd overall. Did the 5000 curves which is generally 280 odd miles and takes the whole day. 2 groups on the 5000 curves, the fast group and the slower group. Great way to see the local area. Thoroughly recommended.
This will be my first time on the September rally, but have seen the rally various times in the Picos area, and some stunning bikes.

That must be something like 1300 miles each way to Santander.

I have toyed with this but on a little 400 Honda.

My trip would only be from Norfolk, so half way there already really, but out of interest how many days does it take you each way ?

you can do the French coast, (Caen) to south of Bordeaux easily in a day even on an airhead - once south of BDX you are only a few hours away - have breakfast and get there in time for lunch - Mways/similar all the way from the French coast

We generally get the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander, albeit it's still almost 500 miles from home to the ferry. It's just not cost effective riding all the way down to Santander.
Last year, we had a week in the Pyrenees prior to the rally. When we arrived at the rally, the bikes were caked in dead flies, cow shit and filthy. Still, had a ball on the R65 and a R60/6 bikes.

Back
Top Bottom