Nordkapp and Lofotens July 2017

We'll done Tricky, great ride report too!

I'm attempting my first trip to Nordkapp in a weeks time (3rd time to Sweden and Norway). How long were your days of you managed it in 2 weeks? I'm a squaddie so not (too) afraid of (a little) discomfort but I am the wrong side of 40! Do you have any camp site details or are they easy enough to find, sign posted etc? The last couple of visits have been in hotels, rather expensive so decided on the cheaper option for a 3 1/2 week trip.

Great report Tricky, glad you made it there and back ok.... Excellent photos - hope my trip will be as good as yours! :beerjug:

We'll done Tricky, great ride report too!

I'm attempting my first trip to Nordkapp in a weeks time (3rd time to Sweden and Norway). How long were your days of you managed it in 2 weeks? I'm a squaddie so not (too) afraid of (a little) discomfort but I am the wrong side of 40! Do you have any camp site details or are they easy enough to find, sign posted etc? The last couple of visits have been in hotels, rather expensive so decided on the cheaper option for a 3 1/2 week trip.

You can camp anywhere within reason see "Right to Roam" rules in Scandinavia.

I mixed it up with cheapish Hotels (Booking.Com etc) hostels and Huts etc found on most Camping Sites plus a few nights under canvas.

I'm 55 and rode every day for the two weeks but if you're reasonably fit there is no need not to think you won't manage it comfortably. Most of the roads are fairly quiet and with plenty of daylight and regular stops you'll be supprised by what's possible and what distance you can cover.

Have a great trip. :thumb2

Norway

Great report, excellent pics, brought back happy memories for me! We hit a snow storm 150 miles south of Nordkapp, it was June, guess it's still there Spring in June! The Lofoten Islands are arguably the best scenery in Norway?

The Lofotens are truly spectacular but Norway in general is just a great destination for a bike trip. :thumb2

Lovely pics and good write up, thanks fella:aidan:aidan

Nice one Tricky glad you got home safely.
May see you on anAutobhan another time' !

Sib

Nice :thumb I love Norway and I like to do a similar trip but I doubt Mrs L. would fancy it in two weeks. The huts look pretty decent too.

Nice one, I done a similar trip around the same time except we went up Norway to Lofoten then Nordkapp then on to Russia and back via Finland/Sweden. Lofoten was a stunning place. We had similar weather on the run up to Nordkapp but I still really enjoyed it.

Cheers

Mike

Back
Top Bottom