How to miss a waypoint and Nutty's rantings...

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yup,Nutty’s your man to tell you how to miss waypoints !!
Whole fucking countries even !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup,Nutty’s your man to tell you how to miss waypoints !!
Whole fucking countries even !!!!

Git!:D

After this week away, I can safely say that Garmin sat navs are a complete and utter pile of shite. I shall be going back to TomTom on my 1290.

That winds me up on a normal sat nav,

Just recalculate the route from where i am now, or give me a new route to the destination FFS

And why is the quickest route to the destination different to the one on the way back???

After this week away, I can safely say that Garmin sat navs are a complete and utter pile of shite. I shall be going back to TomTom on my 1290.

Yup i have to agree,

My garmin took me off the A3 which was a simple turn off at x junction and arrive at destination.

To a cross town jungle of roadworks traffic lights and speedcams !! WHY!!!!!!! it wasnt fecking quicker at all!!!!!!

Might relaoad tom tom onto my smartphone

Yup i have to agree,

My garmin took me off the A3 which was a simple turn off at x junction and arrive at destination.

To a cross town jungle of roadworks traffic lights and speedcams !! WHY!!!!!!! it wasnt fecking quicker at all!!!!!!

Might relaoad tom tom onto my smartphone

We rode from Soissons to Nampont St Martin on Saturday, both sat navs (Keith's old Garmin, and my Nav VI) set to fastest, and both routed us through the middle of Amiens, despite there being several ring roads. This was a regular occurrence. Why on earth they still haven't worked in an 'avoid town/ city' feature, I've no idea.

Then, on the way home from the tunnel, I missed a turning (combo of being tired, and being distracted by some totty jogging by the side of the road :rolleyes:), the sat Nav then added 40 minutes to the journey, rather than routing me down the next turning. I turned the fucking thing off in the end, and relied on signposts, still beating its estimated arrival time.

Avoid unpaved roads sent us down several unpaved gravel tracks.

Avoid major roads & motorways often put us on dual carriageways, and the occasional motorway.

Curved roads often set us on the straightest main roads, despite there being better, more fun roads (we checked on the map afterwards).

Recalculation is ridiculously slow, often over a minute, therefore missing several potential alternative routes.

Garmin is SHIT.

Nutty, just learn how to plot your own routes that follow excactly the roads you (not a dumb device) want to take. The device will take you down them with abosolute certainty, just as it certainly takes you down the roads you asked it to choose for you. When confronted by a device generated route that does not match your expectations of where you should go, then don't take it; ride down alternative roads, the device will not mind. Also, look within the screens of your very expensive GPS device and find the tailor made avoidances options. Then learn how to use them. Then, and only then, move on to helping the OP to skip waypoints.... and indeed contributing anything to GPS threads. In short, learn to use your very clever, very expensive GPS device and all its associated software.

Santa-2512, sadly your posts do nothing to answer the OP's question as to how to miss a waypoint. There's purpose built threads where you can vent your spleen - and indeed an entire rant section - use them. Not least, you are only encouraging Nutty to post within the GPS section, instead of limiting himself to his more natural playgrounds.

:beerjug:

Nutty, just learn how to plot your own routes that follow excactly the roads you (not a dumb device) want to take. The device will take you down them with abosolute certainty, just as it certainly takes you down the roads you asked it to choose for you. When confronted by a device generated route that does not match your expectations of where you should go, then don't take it; ride down alternative roads, the device will not mind. Also, look within the screens of your very expensive GPS device and find the tailor made avoidances options. Then learn how to use them. Then, and only then, move on to helping the OP to skip waypoints.... and indeed contributing anything to GPS threads. In short, learn to use your very clever, very expensive GPS device and all its associated software.

Santa-2512, sadly your posts do nothing to answer the OP's question as to how to miss a waypoint. There's purpose built threads where you can vent your spleen - and indeed an entire rant section - use them. Not least, you are only encouraging Nutty to post within the GPS section, instead of limiting himself to his more natural playgrounds.

:beerjug:

Understood, but it's not always practical to sit and plot an actual route. Deciding on the hoof that you want to take a different route is all part of the fun. As I've been using sat navs for many years, I'm aware of how to activate avoidances, however, sometimes the Garmin device does not avoid the avoidances.

Deciding on the hoof that you want to take a different route is all part of the fun.

Fun, that you do not seem to be always enjoying :D

Anyway, enough of this bollocks and back to helping the OP with his particular and very specific problem......

Fun, that you do not seem to be always enjoying.

Anyway, enough of this bollocks and back to helping the OP with his particular and very specific problem......

The jogger with the bouncy bangers made it more enjoyable.:D

Nutty giving advice on satnav usage :eek: next thing you know Giles will be along to offer advice on refuelling :p

And this thread was not started by me !

No but it is (as you hoped) just about humorous, whilst in parallel some poor sap gets his plaintiff appeal to be able to be able to skip waypoints answered without Nutty telling all the world about his inability to work much beyond a doorknob.

No but it is (as you hoped) just about humorous, whilst in parallel some poor sap gets his plaintiff appeal to be able to be able to skip waypoints answered without Nutty telling all the world about his inability to work much beyond a doorknob.

He won't see this . He's too busy trying to get rid of the Rallye and replace with a Turban after he's realised that the former is surplus to requirements, after a week away, not nodding off on the 1290 !!

We rode from Soissons to Nampont St Martin on Saturday, both sat navs (Keith's old Garmin, and my Nav VI) set to fastest, and both routed us through the middle of Amiens, despite there being several ring roads. This was a regular occurrence. Why on earth they still haven't worked in an 'avoid town/ city' feature, I've no idea.

Then, on the way home from the tunnel, I missed a turning (combo of being tired, and being distracted by some totty jogging by the side of the road :rolleyes:), the sat Nav then added 40 minutes to the journey, rather than routing me down the next turning. I turned the fucking thing off in the end, and relied on signposts, still beating its estimated arrival time.

Avoid major roads & motorways often put us on dual carriageways, and the occasional motorway.

Curved roads often set us on the straightest main roads, despite there being better, more fun roads (we checked on the map afterwards).

Recalculation is ridiculously slow, often over a minute, therefore missing several potential alternative routes.

Garmin is SHIT.

My experience is exactly as above. Couldn't have articulated it better.

Garmin is SHIT.

A couple of mates had the same problem at Amiens making their way to Le-Harve, from Chimay the other week. They decided to use that route instead of the usual haul from Hayle to Dover. Never again was the verdict, it turned into a complete cluster fuck following the lead riders sat Nav. My mates son who was on his first ride abroad , on his own ride. Declared; he would never follow someone with a Fuckin Nav again. They were forever ignoring the road signs, and following the dot blindly :D

Will you be getting this Tom Tom Rich ? ;):D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 75

Back
Top Bottom