FIVE PASSES LOOP, SWITZERLAND

Just done th Susten yesterday...funking awesome.. then the grimsell, Furka and Oberalp, then down to Lake Como. Currently sitting by the pool with cold beer. :beer:

Did the B500 top to bottom on Tuesday and Wednesday...... living MY dream.... except my missus fell off the bike while dismounting and has two cracked ribs.. ouch :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 143697FA-8640-4E4B-B83E-C975EB269E81.JPG
    143697FA-8640-4E4B-B83E-C975EB269E81.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 274
Thanks chaps. It was a fantastic day's riding - would do it again in a heartbeat :thumb2

Here's my Susten pic.
03d8d7027296939c0c36d788338475ea.jpg

Just done th Susten yesterday...funking awesome.. then the grimsell, Furka and Oberalp, then down to Lake Como. Currently sitting by the pool with cold beer. :beer:

Did the B500 top to bottom on Tuesday and Wednesday...... living MY dream.... except my missus fell off the bike while dismounting and has two cracked ribs.. ouch :rolleyes:

Hi BigAlEly, sorry to hear about the missus, hope she feels better soon! Can I ask where you are staying in Como and would you recommend it? Planing a trip down this direction with a few of the lads and we were planning to stop at Como for a few days and fly the wife's in to keep the brownie points up so we can then kick on for another week!!

Animal1 - I stayed on Lake Como back in June with Mrs F. We stayed in Laglio, the village where George Clooney has his villa, though it's bit on the quiet side. Bellagio is really nice but busy. Menaggio is another option. Wherever you stay, if you have a day off the bikes, rent a speedboat - it's the best way to get around and a real hoot!

Attachments

• 2T8A8961.jpg
    2T8A8961.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 2T8A9172.jpg
    2T8A9172.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 264
  • 2T8A9272.jpg
    2T8A9272.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 298
Hi BigAlEly, sorry to hear about the missus, hope she feels better soon! Can I ask where you are staying in Como and would you recommend it? Planing a trip down this direction with a few of the lads and we were planning to stop at Como for a few days and fly the wife's in to keep the brownie points up so we can then kick on for another week!!

Hi Animal,
We stayed at Como Hotel, in Como itself. A decent hotel for b&b but only because it has a pool on the roof. It's in the built up area, and a 15 min walk to the old quarter and the lakeside.
Having been there now, it was our first visit, I would recommend what
Lee said... find a hotel in one of the smaller locations, quieter and more of what LC is about, then visits Como for the day.... course it's all about budget and personal requirement... we were on the move so went for a 'functional' hotel at a reasonable price...which we got...great hols, just got back...to biblical rain on the M25 all the way home.... :beerjug:

Looks fantastic!...thats the trip oly was planning to do on the ktm 640 adventure...but he couldnt...maybe next year on another bike.

Thanks for the great RR. We also stayed on the lakeside just outside Como last month and we'd highly recommend it as a destination.

Back
Top Bottom