Write off repercussions

mw3230

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was involved in a collision which is probably going to result in my bike being written off (yet to be confirmed by the insurance company). The collision was my fault.

I would be interested other anyone's experiences in similar situations. How long did it take to get a settlement and was the offer you received reasonable. What was the impact on your future insurance premiums - I have protected no claims bonus

I'm not really wanting to start a thread which slags off insurance companies, just wanting any advice etc on a 'forewarned is forearmed' basis

Thanks

It took my insurer, two days to pay out, but I was a non fault claim. It is an agreed value policy so got full amount and had no effect on my premiums.

I would guess a 10%-15% increase in your premium as you'll be seen as a higher risk.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

If your bike is under six months old, you might get full payout on invoice cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By way of an update I've have now received a settlement from my insurance company 6 weeks after the accident, but the first two weeks were waiting for the bike to be repatriated from France before and estimate could be prepared. The bike was written off. Initial offer ridiculous and then subsequent offer £3000 more which meant that I ended up with a fair price for mine (at least £1000 than the probable trade in I reckon). I'm happy and collect the new next week.

Insurance company was Ageas, arranged through IAM Surety. Good service all around

I take that as reading 'at least £1000 more than I'd received as a possible trade-in'.

Add in that I guess your insurer paid for your bike's recovery from France and maybe too for your safe passage back home, that looks like a pretty good result.

I take that as reading 'at least £1000 more than I'd received as a possible trade-in'.

Add in that I guess your insurer paid for your bike's recovery from France and maybe too for your safe passage back home, that looks like a pretty good result.

Correct.

Back
Top Bottom