Aprilia Caponord Rally 1200

Clearing old stock...do not meet euro4 emissions. Aprilia now testing a 800 adventure type..with the dosoduro engine..the capo 1200 rallye was 14k when launched..could be had for 10k new only six months after.

I was a regular on the AF1 capo owners forum...please go there and read the many owners reviews.. i kept mine longer than most!

Had a test ride today.........Jeesus it's fast. I reckon the on paper figures for that engine are a little modest.

Feels very small compared to my GSA.

Had a test ride today.........Jeesus it's fast. I reckon the on paper figures for that engine are a little modest.

Feels very small compared to my GSA.

Thanks for the detailed test report.:D
We now know that it's fast and small .
What else?

Thanks for the detailed test report.:D
We now know that it's fast and small .
What else?
I'll dig out the telemetry traces and post them up.

It's very comfortable although I think my 130kg is a little heavy for the completely auto setting on the suspension.
It seems very well finished. Brakes are powerful (as you would expect from radial brembos)
I missed the linked brakes of my GS.

I think with boxes and the wife on board, it might get a little tight for room.
Ergonomics of the left hand switch gear is a little muddled..... the mode button seems to be too close to the (very small) indicator switch.

The engine is an absolute peach and out of the two mapping modes, I would definitely prefer "touring" it still has full power, just with a longer throttle (so to speak)

It has the loudest standard exhaust I have ever heard on a motorcycle.

It's a lot of bike for the money but I think it might be a little small for my heft!

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Back
Top Bottom