Why are BMW farkles so expensive?

comberjohn

Reaction score
Just done the deal on a VFR 1200F DCT after my GS and looking around at ways to personalise it.
I've been amazed at the difference in the prices of aftermarket accessories.
As an example, footrest lowering kit from Nippy Normans is £134. What appears to be at least as good, and made in the UK, costs £39.
Bar risers, again, UK made, cost around £100 less.
Usual story. If it's got BMW on it, jack up the price. They can afford it.
Mind you, Honda seemed to have taken their lead from BMW when pricing their own accessories.

Please remind me what Farkle stands for.

"Fark all".

As in " Fuck all".

Referring to an unnecessary trinket that does fuck all that the item it replaces can't do.
An Americanism become vogue over here.
And now in bikermate folklore as items deemed to be "must have" accessories bought and possibly fitted without ever having ridden or used the bike to even know if anything ever did need changing.

It's just business, while people will pay a premium for a certain branded items the price will increase year on year, old NN is as classic example, most people are greedy and impatient so will pay whatever rather than sourcing the same quality and waiting a week or two for it to arrive.

...or Ducati?

With the Noticable exception of the Termignoni i have found Ducati bits and bobs to be somewhat cheaper than BMW

Carbon fibre stuff readily available and plenty of competition to keep prices keen

even the OE stuff isnt too bad in comparison Ducati tank bag was £150 quid ( might include a bit of discount) Just bought the rear grab handles from dealer £83 .... Compare that to BMW ...... Even the Gilies rear sets are cheaper than the badged up HP version

Back
Top Bottom