Another tyre thread (Kind of ....)

Spud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just fitted some new Anakee 2s to the 1150, and after about 1000 miles they have thin wavy lines around the tread. Can anyone tell me what causes them and if it's any cause for concern ?
Thanks

(Damn, supposed to be a couple of pics attached :blast

Sorry don't know how to turn it round ....

Attachments

• IMG_4910[1].jpg
    IMG_4910[1].jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 239
Iv`e had exactly the same lines on the last couple of sets of Anakkee 2`s on my 1150 as well, I emailed Michelin about them and sent pic`s, they said as Leadfarmer has above that that they are static discharge tracks. I`m not sure I buy this explanation as if that`s really the case why don`t all the other tyres you see have the same lines? Iv`e never seen this on any previous bike or car tyre I have ever bought. The good news is that even when the tyres are quite worn the lines never grow or split. Rest easy.:)

Iv`e had exactly the same lines on the last couple of sets of Anakkee 2`s on my 1150 as well, I emailed Michelin about them and sent pic`s, they said as Leadfarmer has above that that they are static discharge tracks. I`m not sure I buy this explanation as if that`s really the case why don`t all the other tyres you see have the same lines? Iv`e never seen this on any previous bike or car tyre I have ever bought. The good news is that even when the tyres are quite worn the lines never grow or split. Rest easy.:)

They are visible on a lot of tires, usually they are straighter but they are there for a reason

I think if I saw these on my Tyres I'd also be posting on here asking the same.

I've never seen a trace of these on any tyres I've had.

Can someone elaborate and explain. Is this a feature of all tyres and always been there. Or is it a relatively new development?

ps. I had Anakee 2s a couple of tines and liked them. I'd fit them again.

But I never saw what the op had shown.

Thanks.

So it's the increased use of silica that has caused the introduction of these 'antenna treads'.

Looks like I'm late on this one. There was a thread about the same thing months ago, but I don't remember a conclusion.

It'd odd though why they are not visible in the same way all the time. Or not visible all the time.

Anyone with ideas as to why would they be so apparent as in the photo, sometimes and if that 'sometimes' reveals a difference with that particular tyre?

Have these on my Anakee 3htrees and TKC70s, assumed that was normal :D

Back
Top Bottom