Bullet Camera

Hi I looked for a decent camera for ages, I wanted one that came on with the Ignition and recorded straight away, not for videoing the trip but purely in case I got taken out buy some Idiot but could not find anything that was reliable that didnt run from batteries, I saw this one (Linky below) and gave it a try and have to say its excellent I put a 16g card in it which lasts about 4 hours on high res longer on 720p but it suites me fine also bought one for my son in law who put it on his Africa Twin
did a weeks tour around Ireland couple of weeks ago and it worked superbly, 10 hr ride home in the lashing down of rain and no problem at all, well worth the money easy to fit and set up has wifi and an app for your phone or smart arse device which really works !!

Anyway heres the link

Rob

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nextbase-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I've got the nextbase ride as well, hard wired onto my bike with a 64gb card, works really well, the rest of the guys on my European bike trip like to see videos of them on the twisties.

Next question is likely to be, how have you got those mounted, fairly chunky so interested to know.

Mine is mounted off the indicator bolt on a little L bracket I made very sturdy no vibrations at all can post a pic if you want one
Rob

Nextbase spec 32GB how do you get it to accept 64Gb ?

Bought a nextbase 64gb card in Halfords on advice from tech guy at nextbase.

Same as that
the instructions actually say max is 32gb which will give 4 Hrs recording @1080p so Im assuming the 64 will give 8Hrs but ive not tested that theory out so looks to be about 12Hrs in 720p thats long enough for me I think id realise if I had an accident by then LOL
another feature its got is if it feels an accident it saves that part of the video so it cant be recorded over but if its set to low or medium it just fills up the memory with saved video every time you go over a bump !!

I turned that feature off its recording so didnt think i needed that !!

It also records your speed everywhere so id be careful should you get pulled by a clued in Police officer this feature ive not been able to turn off

Rob

Would be better with a stelth mounting, discretely out of view. I think I will put one on the RT

Cameras

I have the INNOVV K1 system fitted front/rear on my bike and can heartily recommend it. Www.innovv.com you can buy direct from the manufacturer

A lot of good cameras out there, but they all seem both bulky and "visible". The camera heads on this unit are fully waterproof and they don't stand out at all. There is no requirement to take them off when you stop. The system records in HD and as there are 2 cameras, you get front/rear POV. It's all linked to GPS and if you prefer, there is an on/off switch rather than having the system running all the time the bike is powered.

You do, though, have to make or adapt some form of bracket for each camera (I can send a drawing of my brackets if you want them) the cameras have a standard "camera threaded hole" (1/4" whitworth?) on 3 sides

Attachments

• IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 1,093
  • IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 1,117
Same as that
the instructions actually say max is 32gb which will give 4 Hrs recording @1080p so Im assuming the 64 will give 8Hrs but ive not tested that theory out so looks to be about 12Hrs in 720p thats long enough for me I think id realise if I had an accident by then LOL
another feature its got is if it feels an accident it saves that part of the video so it cant be recorded over but if its set to low or medium it just fills up the memory with saved video every time you go over a bump !!

I turned that feature off its recording so didnt think i needed that !!

It also records your speed everywhere so id be careful should you get pulled by a clued in Police officer this feature ive not been able to turn off

Rob

I think you push menu twice to access speed recording options.

I have turned mine off.

I've taken a swing on the Nortek Bike Pro http://www.nortek.co.uk/bike-bro-dual-camera-motorcycle-dvr/

Avoids canbus issues by having a smart power unit that senses vibration e.g. when the engine is running, so that power drain only occurs when the engine is running.

Not installed yet.

This looks like the one I found, ish! The cameras are small and discreet. Also looks like you can get extra cameras with long leads so car installation might be possible too? When you install can you post info please?

Thanks

I have the INNOVV K1 system fitted front/rear on my bike and can heartily recommend it. Www.innovv.com you can buy direct from the manufacturer

A lot of good cameras out there, but they all seem both bulky and "visible". The camera heads on this unit are fully waterproof and they don't stand out at all. There is no requirement to take them off when you stop. The system records in HD and as there are 2 cameras, you get front/rear POV. It's all linked to GPS and if you prefer, there is an on/off switch rather than having the system running all the time the bike is powered.

You do, though, have to make or adapt some form of bracket for each camera (I can send a drawing of my brackets if you want them) the cameras have a standard "camera threaded hole" (1/4" whitworth?) on 3 sides

I've been looking at these already but am not sure I can fit the recorder unde my seat. I already have a hex ezcan and the associated leads under the seat so not much room left. Where have you put the recorder on yours?

Hi I looked for a decent camera for ages, I wanted one that came on with the Ignition and recorded straight away, not for videoing the trip but purely in case I got taken out buy some Idiot but could not find anything that was reliable that didnt run from batteries, I saw this one (Linky below) and gave it a try and have to say its excellent I put a 16g card in it which lasts about 4 hours on high res longer on 720p but it suites me fine also bought one for my son in law who put it on his Africa Twin
did a weeks tour around Ireland couple of weeks ago and it worked superbly, 10 hr ride home in the lashing down of rain and no problem at all, well worth the money easy to fit and set up has wifi and an app for your phone or smart arse device which really works !!

Anyway heres the link

Rob

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nextbase-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Thanks to you both, Advn Boy and D Danny but that looks a bit bulky for me. I'm on a GS so haven't got the same choice of bars for mounting it and would like front and rear cameras too. Lashing rain for 10 hrs is a good test though for anyone who wants just the one camera though. :D

This looks like the one I found, ish! The cameras are small and discreet. Also looks like you can get extra cameras with long leads so car installation might be possible too? When you install can you post info please?

Thanks

Will do, though may be a couple of weeks before I have the time. I looked at the bullet also, which forum reviews speak positively of (as they do the innov), only that it seems to be a single cam set up.

I nearly ordered the innov (before chancing on the bike pro), but had difficulty finding a UK site that sold the m/c version.

Not having to deal with the canbus or pinching into wires, plus seeing a quick set up guide for the GS, so knowing that the monitoring unit fits under the seat, seemed a good start, along with the size of the cams.

Hope it lasts more than 12 mths :)

I've been looking at these already but am not sure I can fit the recorder unde my seat. I already have a hex ezcan and the associated leads under the seat so not much room left. Where have you put the recorder on yours?

It's a bit of a jiggle but you can work it. Will try to take some photos of the undersea area tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom