Bike stolen in Edinburgh

I dont think there is any evidence they successfully started it.
The accomplice on the scooter sticks his foot out, pushes hard on the Triumph frame and away they both ride.

(Should a copper challenge them , they remove a helmet and thats the immediate end of the confrontation as the policeman withdraws.)

I dont think there is any evidence they successfully started it.
The accomplice on the scooter sticks his foot out, pushes hard on the Triumph frame and away they both ride.

(Should a copper challenge them , they remove a helmet and thats the immediate end of the confrontation as the policeman withdraws.)

Do you have the same issues in Fife Stuart, or is bike crime still mainly in the larger cities?

Andres

Do you have the same issues in Fife Stuart, or is bike crime still mainly in the larger cities?

Andres

For a reasonably accurate portrayal of criminality in Edinburgh and Fife, tuck into some of Ian Rankin's "Rebus" novels :thumb

All Triumphs have immobilisers now, but the Street Tiples of that ear do not. Not sure when it changed. My 2013 Tiger 800 has one, but I think similar vintage Striples may not.

A stolen motorbike ran down a 10yr-old.................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-40999885

"Police have renewed an appeal to trace the rider of a stolen motorbike involved in a hit-and-run which left a 10-year-old boy with serious injuries.
The boy was "mown down" by one of two motorbikes which went through a red light on a pedestrian crossing on Ferry Road, Edinburgh, at 18:35 on Saturday.
He is in a stable condition in hospital and was due to have surgery. "If you witnessed the incident take place, or if you have any information relevant to our ongoing investigation, then please contact police immediately.
"Your help could prove vital."
He added: "I want to reassure local residents and the wider Edinburgh community that we are treating this matter with the utmost seriousness and will continue to conduct a thorough and professional investigation until the suspect is brought to account for their actions."

They might just prioritise bike thefts now??

Al

"Police have renewed an appeal to trace the rider of a stolen motorbike involved in a hit-and-run which left a 10-year-old boy with serious injuries.
The boy was "mown down" by one of two motorbikes which went through a red light on a pedestrian crossing on Ferry Road, Edinburgh, at 18:35 on Saturday.
He is in a stable condition in hospital and was due to have surgery. "If you witnessed the incident take place, or if you have any information relevant to our ongoing investigation, then please contact police immediately.
He added: "I want to reassure local residents and the wider Edinburgh community that we are treating this matter with the utmost seriousness and will continue to conduct a thorough and professional investigation until the suspect is brought to account for their actions."

Al

I watched the Scotland BBC news at 6:30 and they didn't mention once that the bike was stolen. Thought it strange, almost as if there was an agenda going on in the TV editors mind, that motorbikes = bad therefore paint every bike story in that light.

And that bit of video ladies and gents just goes to show how easy it is to nick your pride and joy.:eek:

. . . . . . . They might just prioritise bike thefts now??

Sad to say, but that was my first thought.

Feel really sorry for anyone who suffers because of low life scum.

Steve T

:cool:

Yeah aye right somebody that buys a triumph n then rides about on it wi trackies n hoodies n trainers wearing a mx helmet fs they're needing to highlight the bike thefts on national TV or is it deliberate seeing as it's Scotland's capital n it's bad pubiicity for it ..seen on BMW gs UK fb page someone had posted up another gs stolen there..a black n yellow r1150 ..makes my blood boil that the news are covering up the thefts :mad::mad: On all the adv bike n bmw groups Im on I post stay away from Edinburgh cos of the bike thefts ..a guy is touring europe n coming to UK on his gs and I warned him about the thefts in Edinburgh would hate to see him getting it stolen after the thousands of miles and countries he's been to to get it nicked in Scotland..

Al
I doubt that, they will be to busy issuing speeding tickets to biker mates who are doing more than a couple of mph over the posted limit. Its all about revenue collection nowadays, or didn't you know that ?? They don't collect revenue investigating bike theft, so they don't bother.

Back
Top Bottom