Cast wheels 1150GS/short mudguard & tyre pressures

Howard J

Who?
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just aquired a set of alloy cast wheels for my 1150GS which I am in the process of painting black (pics to follow), I would really like to do something with the front mudguard, I understand you could buy short mudguards but I don't think they are available anymore.......unless I buy an expensive carbon one which won't happen :D So what other options are available? I thought about maybe cutting off the front part of the mudguard or no mudguard which maybe a bad idea! Also what tyre pressures are you using? Thanks

Maybe an 1100r one ?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Thanks, have been having a look and maybe a 1100S or 1150RT would do? Anyway good progress today, wheels painted then lacquered and fitted, need to pull her out of the garage for a full pic....

slL7R7Ul.jpg

Be nice to see some more pix!
Got this to do on mine
I've sorted a carbon fibre mudguard and a fibre glass beak remover to fit if it looks ok
Also got a bellypan !

Did your rear calliper mount ok, I'm in the process on a 1100gs and there is a 4mm gap between the calliper and the mounts. I've not got very far due to lack of time, when I drop the calliper on the disc with the pads in it's about 4mm away from the mounting. Just wondering if you had the same issue. If not I might be needing a 1150 calliper bracket.

Cheers Ian.

Did your rear calliper mount ok, I'm in the process on a 1100gs and there is a 4mm gap between the calliper and the mounts. I've not got very far due to lack of time, when I drop the calliper on the disc with the pads in it's about 4mm away from the mounting. Just wondering if you had the same issue. If not I might be needing a 1150 calliper bracket.

Cheers Ian.

The rear disc just bolted straight on the new wheel after taking it off the old one, no problems with fitting the calliper all fitted ok, must be different with the 1100GS?

65fc4ad1ba99a9051649193c63c91bfc.jpg

Not the best pic, but here's my gsa with RT wheels.
Now has a stainless exhaust stubby and RT panniers too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here we go, love the look, still getting used to the handling......

sZyPawU.jpg

7W0ZTjV.jpg

Cast Wheels

Had mine on for a couple of years now, roadholding is clearly better but the handling or 'feel' of the bike is different. A word of caution though, when using the centre stand be very careful around the bike as slight nudge up the rear (ooh err missus) such as fiddling in the top box or brushing past the bike from rear to front can push it off the stand, DAMHIK:blast with regard to the OP and tyre pressures, using dunlop roadsmarts or similar I found that 34 front 36 rear seemed about right but doubtless there will be an expert along with another opinion! Enjoy! Cheers:beerjug:John B

Thanks John, mine has adventure shocks on it so it is better on the centre stand now than it was before, thanks for the tyre pressures, have got roadsmarts on as well, so will try those pressures :thumb2

Same principle as this one from a Suzuki GSXR. The silencing is done by the fat, heavy pos at the bottom of the bike.

This one looks much better IMHO :)

Attachments

• IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 344
For the front mudguard you could try something like this ..... f800st front on a r1200gsa tc fitted with a 17" wheel used stainless rubber lined P clips

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 346
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 356

Back
Top Bottom