LED Headlight Bulbs...

SuperTed

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been looking at swapping the bulbs out of my headlight for something brighter and have been looking at the variety of LED bulbs out there.

So the questions are:
Are they better than standard?
Is it a straight swap?
Does the light unit need any modifications for LED?
Are there any recommendations for LED bulbs?
Thanks in advance
Stephen

An apprentice at work has just passed her test and bought a second hand cb500, turns out it had an led bulb, the police stopped her and gave her 6 points, 3 for the bulb and 3 for the now modified headlamp, she now needs a re test, they told her they are clamping down. A bit harsh I thought.

Thanks for the replies, Guys.

Loadmaster: thanks for the link to your thread. I'd seen it but had (obviously) forgotten about it. A call to Sportouring will be happening as soon as. Also; Wow! that makes a difference.

Dean: while I'm not disputing what happened with your apprentice I am struggling to understand what problem the plod had with the LED light on her bike. You would think that an up-grade would be a good thing if it makes her more visible. I also think that she would have had some kind of defence as she didn't modify the light, it was like that when she bought it.

I might be a tad simplistic but if you buy a vehicle from some-one you don't know if the lights or brakes, for example, have been modified unless they tell you. It has lights and it stops, that's all you know.

Evidence please,
Given that LED,s are now supplied as standard fit by many oem,s that seems strange and overly harsh. Don't deny they got points, but methinks there's more to it than a simple regs breach

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom