Dambusters (dams) waypoints?

team duvet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anybody got the waypoints for the dams the dambusters attacked please?

Ta,

TD
:thumb2

You're looking for Ladybower Reservoir. The road to the 2 higher dams is closed at weekends.

I'm guessing he means the German ones....617 Sqd never attacked any British dams. :D
Ah, you may have a point! The ones I'm referring are the ones they practiced on and, as Ladybower will also be a waypoint for me in a couple of weeks, I just assumed..... :D

the coordinates below and gpx files of waypoints, just check to make sure they are ok and fit for purpose, These of course are the german ones.:blast:blast:blast

51.488173, 8.089664 mohn

51.184586, 9.060715 eder

51.352283, 7.963314 sorpe

51.360231, 8.721642 Diemel Dam

51.241815, 7.407090 ennepe dam

51.094485, 7.837581 lister

Attachments

• dams.gpx
    5 KB · Views: 63
  • dam1.gpx
    5 KB · Views: 44
and here are the derwent dams

Attachments

• derwent dams.gpx
    4.7 KB · Views: 51
the coordinates below and gpx files of waypoints....

51.488173, 8.089664 mohn....
I haven't check the rest but your location for the Möhne Dam is slightly off, its location is 51.490264 8.060113 :thumb2

I haven't check the rest but your location for the Möhne Dam is slightly off, its location is 51.490264 8.060113 :thumb2

Its a huge area of water with a seriously large chunk of masonry at one end. How accurate does he need to be? :D

Its a huge area of water with a seriously large chunk of masonry at one end. How accurate does he need to be? :D
Absolutely, but on that night if they'd have put Leedude's co-ords into their 1943 Garmin Sav Nav, they would have been just over a mile out :D

Actually the water is about 4 miles long and from ground level, it's not obvious which end the dam is without the correct waypoint.

sorry my bad its the road bridge i have down. but i guess you would spot it from there the correct coordinates are indeed 51.490264 8.060113, the others are correct and checked but if i was to be pedantic the sorpe dam waypoint is from the viewpoint at the side of the dam. and my waypoints for laydybower are 1 on the bottom dam 1 where you turn to go up to the top dam and the other just past the carpark at the foot of the top dam, i hope thats ok :blast:blast:green gri:green gri

And corrected waypoint below

Attachments

• correct waypoint for mohn dam.gpx
    3.6 KB · Views: 48
The Dambusters flew at night with no radar guidance or ground control assistance.

Most of you fuckers couldn't find the dams by riding roads which lead to them. :D

Lovely areas and very popular with bikers. The interpretation boards will tell you a few things you won't have read in Mr Brickhill's book too. A very worthwhile trip.

Sorpesee is a lovely place for an overnight stop. Nice restaurants and bars on the side of the dam. We stopped at the seegarten hotel. The Nazi castle Wewelsberg is well worth a visit too if you're in the dams region

Sorpesee is a lovely place for an overnight stop. Nice restaurants and bars on the side of the dam. We stopped at the seegarten hotel. The Nazi castle Wewelsberg is well worth a visit too if you're in the dams region

"Thanks" Sagalout...Dams on the "to do" list

The Dambusters flew at night with no radar guidance or ground control assistance.

Most of you fuckers couldn't find the dams by riding roads which lead to them. :D

Yeah, but many planes missed bombing entire cities. The genes of these flyers live on in today's Adventure bikermates.

If proof were needed, team duvet has somehow missed thanking the one bod who troubled himself long enough to actually find and then share the waypoints he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom