My new (to me) XR

Nevsey

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2015 XR, picking it up Thursday.
1ebf2a266e89b69dbf5d81e865734fb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Yep you will have a great deal of fun once you get to highly illegal speeds which is where it works best !

Brilliant bike but a definite license loser if you dont keep on top of your enthusiasm

Best bike BMW have ever made IMO

Great, you'll feel like a 17 year old with an RD250 in the seventies and become a total hooligan. Enjoy

I changed to a GS to increase my chances of keeping my licence! Wonderful airbox noise at full chat.

Great, you'll feel like a 17 year old with an RD250 in the seventies and become a total hooligan. Enjoy

Yes I know what you mean having tried the demo I just had to have one it's just what the GS is missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I changed to a GS to increase my chances of keeping my licence! Wonderful airbox noise at full chat.

I will try and keep my right hand under control oooer. I also loved the 'burble' at tick over, just sounded great.

I had an XR for 6K miles. Great bike but terrible fuel range when used hard esp. 2up. Changed back to GS lc which felt as flat as a witch's for a while!

Both great machines but the GS is better for me.

Ultra-performance will always require more fuel, but like for like speeds - I reckon the inline 4 will be more efficient.

200 miles on a tank - easy

Ultra-performance will always require more fuel, but like for like speeds - I reckon the inline 4 will be more efficient.

Agreed

Going way faster than i would have on the GSA i was getting better fuel consumption !

Mine had been re mapped and was giving 50MPG plus on a brisk tour although i was happiest when it was sub 40 on a sunday scratch

Out with the 'boys' and really ragging it I ran out at 160 miles exactly. I don't doubt your 200 figure but ........we are a fast group.

I love mine, best bike I've ever owned.

Range varies I found, but I've also found I don't give a toss, pin it and hang on for dear life, suck up go-go juice as required :)

Well it's home after an extended ride back. Definitely got some go and a lovely smooth gearbox compared to that tractor box I was used to
9def32e0f06b264a732c0455ebd883c7.jpg

My son is part exing his xr for a ktm next week. He has removed all the extras and will sell them. What will you be looking for?
Thanks

Out with the 'boys' and really ragging it I ran out at 160 miles exactly. I don't doubt your 200 figure but ........we are a fast group.

I'll just go get my dustpan and brush................... :rolleyes:

Al

The screen is the tinted wunderlich, rad and oil guards, bmw topbox , wunderlich winglets and exhaust hanger , evotech, all are for sale.

Back
Top Bottom