Airhead Wales Route Recommendations

Wreford Miles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Time for some time away with me and the Airhead – This Friday and Saturday night booked into Llanerchindda Farm Guest House and a nice cross country route planned there and back.

For the Saturday I will want to ride up past the Dam and back to the Guest House via the Elan valley – that route is c150 miles so not quite long enough and the loop taking in the coast road looks interesting and would add another 50 miles

My question: Am I missing any cracking backroads, I’ll be on the Airhead so this is a take my time trip so interesting backroads and wilderness is my goal.

I’d be happy to do c250-300 miles for the right route

These are my out, back and that part coast loop I have planned so far

Cheers

Wreford

Attachments

• part 1.JPG
    part 1.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 326
  • part 3.JPG
    part 3.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 255
  • part 2.JPG
    part 2.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 330
Looking at Motogoloco on my work PC I an see more roads, so I may have answered my question with these more XC routes - I think Ive ridden the Claerwen Dam road on my KTM and don't remember it being to difficult through to the road at the other end - The airhead is on 70% road tyres

Attachments

• XC1.JPG
    XC1.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 250
  • XC2.JPG
    XC2.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 245
  • XC3.JPG
    XC3.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 243
  • XC4.JPG
    XC4.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 240
A little excursion, From Talybont head East toward the Nan-y-moch reservoir then South toward Ponterwyd on to the A44 then on to Devils Bridge

The A4120 Devil's Bridge to Abertstwyth is also a nice road.

Nant-y-Moch looks wet :)

It was a wet and dry day, from Nant-y-Moch (thanks for the recommendation) I freestyled a route on the forestry trails to Furnace

I see Wales has its own Almalfi Coast on the road around to Dolgellau and that road across to Aberhosan is a cracker

I cut of a lot of corners using small and often gated back roads, that right just past Arthog climbs nicely.

The Elan valley and road out past Lyn Brianne were great as always wet or dry

Nice folk at Llanerchindda Farm & parking excellent. New conservatory now installed.

We did a similar trip last year - weather wet all the way which curtailed the seaside jaunts. We enjoyed the Llyn Brianne - Tregaron run the most; just watch out for suicidal sheep & logging trucks

Back
Top Bottom