Routing screen question

russ996duke

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Load a route import it and tap go
Then get a screen asking which waypoint I want to start from
If I tick first shown on list it gives me a route similar to the one I created on pic
If I choose the last i.e. Destination it chooses a route for me
How do I get 590 to just follow the downloaded route?

In the case you give, the 590 only lists waypoints and no matter how many shaping points you've put in, it will ignore them and take you to the "first" waypoint you have selected using the routing preferences in the unit.

My bike club leaves for a ride from the same car park each week. We go through a traffic lighted T junction onto a dual carriageway either turning left or right depending on the route.

To get around the problem above, I create two waypoints; "First left" and "First right" positioned on the appropriate side of the dual carriageway and I add the appropriate one to every route. After the gps has met the "First" waypoint it then follows the shaped, planned route.

If you have a longer route split into two parts, you'd need to have another "first" waypoint for that route too.

This works for zumo 590 and also BMW navV (I would assume VI too). It's not required for the 660 and earlier models.

HTH

In the case you give, the 590 only lists waypoints and no matter how many shaping points you've put in, it will ignore them and take you to the "first" waypoint you have selected using the routing preferences in the unit.

My bike club leaves for a ride from the same car park each week. We go through a traffic lighted T junction onto a dual carriageway either turning left or right depending on the route.

To get around the problem above, I create two waypoints; "First left" and "First right" positioned on the appropriate side of the dual carriageway and I add the appropriate one to every route. After the gps has met the "First" waypoint it then follows the shaped, planned route.

If you have a longer route split into two parts, you'd need to have another "first" waypoint for that route too.

This works for zumo 590 and also BMW navV (I would assume VI too). It's not required for the 660 and earlier models.

HTH

Thanks for the reply, this confirms what I suspected!
It was annoying on a recent tour of Balkans, but by selecting the "first waypoint" it did seem to enable the 590 to follow the planned route( I guess the subsequent odd divergences that occurred were perhaps down to user error!)

I can now allow for this by including a suitable "first waypoint" for each route when building them!

ta:beerjug:

Wow!
there is a lot to take in there!!

thanks
(I think!)

Yes but it's all set out quite clearly and worth sticking with.

Once you understand how the waypoint choices you are presented with work, it all becomes very simple. Not least, your 590 should then perform faultlessly.

Back
Top Bottom