Aquablasting,blastcleaning

To accompany this will be a dry blast unit .
This will enable us to bring a lot of expensive metal prep "in house" .
If you are planning to have any wetblast,dryblast,carb restoration etc please bear us in mind.

Once the toys are installed I'll post some more pics of the prep shop,and before and afters:D

I've got an 1150 gsa that needs sprucing up a bit if you want something to prctice on ;)

Don't you just love new man cave stuff ?

Is there any chance at all that you could move your workshop quite a bit closer to me on the Isle of Wight?

Pretty please?

xx

I was considering investing in a similar set up to that.

Good luck with it fella! :thumb

I first discovered vapour blasting 40 years ago as a process for cleaning parts of plastics injection mould tools, cores, plattens, extrusion screws etc, etc.

At the time I was building an Ariel Red Hunter, and used the vapour blaster to prep all the alloy parts. I still have that bike, and the alloy still looks fresh today.

Now, Mikey, you have mentioned before, as have others, the extra washing required in order to ensure oilways etc are REALLY clean and free from glass beads/media.

I have used ultrasonic cleaning in order to achieve this.

What is your plan for the additional washing stage(s)?

I first discovered vapour blasting 40 years ago as a process for cleaning parts of plastics injection mould tools, cores, plattens, extrusion screws etc, etc.

At the time I was building an Ariel Red Hunter, and used the vapour blaster to prep all the alloy parts. I still have that bike, and the alloy still looks fresh today.

Now, Mikey, you have mentioned before, as have others, the extra washing required in order to ensure oilways etc are REALLY clean and free from glass beads/media.

I have used ultrasonic cleaning in order to achieve this.

What is your plan for the additional washing stage(s)?
Once I have got over the shock of paying for this little lot ,I'll be looking to get a good size and quality ultrasonic tank,
At the moment we use a combination of paraffin washing and high pressure steam cleaning which is very effective on the components we currently have blasted.
Personally I've never felt the need for an ultrasonic tank before but it's a handy addition to any workshop and will add another service that we can provide:thumb

it always amazed me how any beads would be in the bottom of the ultrasonic tank after I'd put parts in that had been scrubbed and appeared to be spotless.

That looks to be a very nice vapour machine :thumb2

Nice job Mike, all you need is a full time operator to maximise the return on the investment...... When can we exoect to see you Ride Report on The Vince..... Not holding my breath or have you left that to Andy or Tufty?

Nice job Mike, all you need is a full time operator to maximise the return on the investment...... When can we exoect to see you Ride Report on The Vince..... Not holding my breath or have you left that to Andy or Tufty?
Don't know about a ride report!
I only took a few pics,
This one about sums it up nicely:clap
Lunch stop in the Pyrenees :cool:

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 362

Back
Top Bottom