Clothing advice required.

Altberg boots and I've got Richa gloves. Both leave me as dry as a bone in huge downpours and extended riding in the wet.

My Rukka I had a few years ago leaked. The suit that replaced it was a Hein Gericke top notch thingy. Very good but leaked a bit when exposed to long days in the constant rain. Had all manor of gloves. Current flavour is Held 2 in 1 but it is not the best in the coldest of cold or wet but good enough for touring Europe. The Alpinestars is a bit bulky took some time to break in but good. For boots I have settled on Gearne trail oiled boots. Like slippers and good for walking miles in. Only in the hottest of temps does it bother me. As for finding something that has all the features in a suit I want I'm giving the BMW summer trousers and Boulder jacket a try. Got the BMW waterproof 2 piece suit that folds nicely small.

Everybody always refer to Rukka as the go to suit but give Dane a good look. They get good reviews. Happy hunting. It took me a while to get something that I think is a better arrangement than a all in one suit but there is still more to have a look in to.

The future is whatever colour you want.

Thanks for all the comments.

I believe I will go for a pair of Wunderlich muffs as they are 99 GBP + pp and can achieve what I wish with my existing gloves (3 different pairs for various conditions) this is obviously cheaper than 200 GBP+ for a pair of Rukka gloves.

The Altberg boots are good, I have a couple of pairs of Scarpa's which I use some of the time also but not really winter bike riding. As stated previously I have now purchased a new pair of Daytona's at a discount so hopefully these will be fit for purpose.

Iv'e got two Rukka suits, one for summer (Airall I think, from Germany which was cheaper) & one for winter (Navigator suit) + Gerbing heating kit / Rukka thermals.

I have always riden in all weathers but commute daily 150 miles round trip which I purchased this bike for so require the appropriate kit. I have always had tricked up ultra sports but to be honest this is the best bike I have ever had!!!

I can recommend the above two Rukka suits with a lightweight windproof/ waterproof jacket for the Airall. The Navigator has kept me bone dry for 3 hours at around 70 MPH when it was blowing a hooley with oggin everywhere, the only issues I have are my boots & gloves which will hopefully be rectified soon.

Does anyone have a pair of Wunderlich's for a 1200 GSA for sale??? I have seen them on NN but would hope to get a pair used.

Once again, many thanks to all.

Cheers All, Al.:jager:beer::beerjug:

I prefer a regular jacket, not the £££ Rukka or Klim kit, and a cheap plastic over jacket and trousers (E.g Aldi) when it actually rains. The plastic is 100% waterproof and your regular jacket stays reasonable dry. Most Cordura type jackets take ages to dry out once wet.

My Rukka Arma-S doesn't get wet, due to bonded goretex, 7 hours off pissing English rain and not a drop got through.

My Hein Gericke Voyager gets washed and reproofed twice a year and water just beads off, most problems are caused by not cleaning and reproofing regularly.

Having said that I used Halvarsson waterproofing for leather on my Daytona boots and they let in so much water they were renamed fishing nets. Worst product I have used in sometime.

Spray on nikwax leather reproofer will hopefully restore them back to normal.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Rukka Armas suit. 7 years old, never leaked. Went back to Rukka for a zip repair, came back with new seams on the jacket and zips.
Rukka apollo gloves + muffs + heated grips = warm, comfy hands whatever the weather
warm'n'safe heated jacket under the rukka suit means 'sun on the back' temperatures when frost is on the ground
Gaucho means your bollox don't shrivel when the temperatures drop.

leaving for work at 4am with a 100 mile ride to get there in -5 temps with this little lot meant I arrived comfy, smiling and with working digits.

Check out the Barkbusters Blizzard muffs. Smaller yet stiffer (ooh-er) than a regular muff. Look loads better. You can use them with or without the aluminium backbone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My TCX boots are waterproof. I'm on my 3rd pair now and all 3 have been excellent. I bought a new Hein Gericke jacket from Lings in Lowestoft, not too far from OP, last year. It's one of the only HG branches still going. Very comfortable jacket and also waterproof. Was reduced from £400 to under £200

All,

I require a pair of waterproof boots & gloves for wet winter riding.

Cost irrelevant but items have to be fit for purpose rather than posey, any recommendations???

Cheers All,

Al.:confused:

A good pair of workmans wellington boots. Handlebar muffs or a pair of washing up gloves to wear under your normal gloves.

Welly boots or put your feet into plastic carrier bags before you put them into leaky motorcycle boots.:D

Time warp stuff. The forum has warped into every October issue of Motorcycle Mechanics ever published!

SealSkinz waterproof socks, handlebar muffs, and heated waistcoat/jacket would do for most days, with ex RAF gortex over trousers from ebay and a Oxford Dry dayglo over jacket for wet days.Keeps me warm and dry.

How about a 'dry suit' from Lomo?

I suppose it depends how far you are wanting to travel in the pissing rain ...I don't have too , so I don't..

I might try one of their 2mm neoprene vests to keep my torso warm though cos my chest does get cold through the Halvarsson jacket which is years old now.

On the commuter moped I use Tucarno muffs and a shitbag ... with a Snickers winter wind and waterproof jet --toasty..

If you can fit Tucano mitts, you will have dry warm hands even wearing summer gloves in the winter. I you can't Rukka Argosaurus gloves are the only dry gloves I've ever had.

I have had Klim & Rukka two piece suits, they need regular washing and retreating. I wear an Aerostitch Roadcrafter one piece has not leaked.

Back
Top Bottom