Clothing advice required.

commandoallan

Reaction score
All,

I require a pair of waterproof boots & gloves for wet winter riding.

Cost irrelevant but items have to be fit for purpose rather than posey, any recommendations???

Cheers All,

Al.:confused:

Klim badlands.....used in all weather....snuff dry... sidi adventure boots means no wet feet......ya get what you pay for.....never yet found a pair of 'waterproof" gloves

Rukka suit, Altberg Boots, Held Air and Dry gloves. None have ever leaked and I ride in all weathers all year around

All of the above.
If you are looking for less expensive kit though, have a peek at Hein Gericke (clothing) and BMW Gravel boots. Trusted.

I have Hein Gericke winter gloves. Even with a melted back panel (though not the membrane) they don't actually leak. All gloves will get damp as moisture migrates through the membrane pores. Put sleeves OVER the gloves. Awkward at the best of times but keeps hands dry.

My Hein Genicke Toureg boots boots are at least 10 years old. Linings are unstitched at the tops but still dry in pouring rain. They really should be replaced.

Suit(?) who knows what brand but get Goretex membranes. Its guaranteed waterproof. So any leaks just send it back.

...why on earth is it in the 1200 Technical section? Are 650/800/1100/1150 riders not allowed to help too?

For wet winter riding, fit a set of Tucano Urbano handlebar muffs and a gaucho (aka shytebag).

After five minutes of warm dry riding even on a bitterly cold wet winters morning , you'll be smiling and glad you did, plus you can wear summer gloves with warm dry hands.

Daytona Roadstar GTX goretex touring boots. Expensive but very very good.

My BMW streetguard armacor 3-layer laminated goretex suit has sprung a leak after ten years hard use. Once again it has been excellent kit. You get what you pay for. I'm going to try and fix it for the minimal cost of a goretex seam repair patch kit.

Based on personal experience, I would avoid any suit that has the goretex as a liner on the inside which allows the outer suit to wet out and become freezing cold and heavy/sodden. They are misery during winter IMO (BMW Savanna 2 suit in my case).

Rukka Argosaurus gloves... Comfortable, protective and totally waterproof.
Eye-wateringly expensive, but worth every penny.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I was just about to go for some replacement rainproof gloves to replace my pitiful Dainese Scout Goretex gloves, but seeing this has made me look at some reviews for these Rukka gloves and think these will now be my choice.

:beerjug:

RBW.

Rukka Argosaurus gloves... Comfortable, protective and totally waterproof.
Eye-wateringly expensive, but worth every penny.

Rukka Apollo gloves, and a pair of Bering gloves for the hardest of icy morning commutes, 2 years in and neither have ever leaked. I was offered the choice of gloves for free when I bought my Rukka suit this year, and I didn't hesitate in getting another pair of Apollo's.

Daytona goretex lined boots. Had mine for over 10 years, all day comfortable out of the box and waterproof in any weather. If the soles wear out they will replace them (the soles not the boots) and they will also replace the goretex liner if it wears out.

Rukka Apollo gloves, and a pair of Bering gloves for the hardest of icy morning commutes, 2 years in and neither have ever leaked. I was offered the choice of gloves for free when I bought my Rukka suit this year, and I didn't hesitate in getting another pair of Apollo's.

+1 for me too. Bought Rukka Armaxis jacket and Armaxion pants. Got Apollo gloves thrown in. Daytona M star goretex boots. None of this kit has ever let me down in 3 years

Great thanks for the info. Ref the boots I have purchased a pair of the Daytona M Star MTX off of fleabay £150 + delivery (new in box) I have a pair of Gerbing heated gloves but am still looking for a decent pair so may go for a pair of Rukka as I am happy with my suits.
What's the concencus on the best pair of Rukka gloves and any ideas where to buy cheaper???
Cheers All. Al.

Muffs are way better than winterweight waterproof gloves. I prefer the Wunderlich muffs to the Tucano, they fit better and are easier to get on and off - I use the same pair on three different bikes. I use summer gloves all year round.

Get a cheap dayglow overjacket (Rev-it and Oxford do good ones) - helps in overcast conditions and limits the amount of wet winter road-muck getting into your expensive suit.

+1 for Altberg boots.. just rode from the tunnel to home in 3 hrs of biblical storms on Wednesday afternoon... soaked to the skin everywhere except my feet....bone dry:D

Rukka gloves.... I bought mine in Spain! Rrp of £250 in the UK, I paid about £160 iirc.

Altberg boots, had mine for 6 years, perfect. Sidi Courier before that for about 15 years, bulkier but equally dry.

Tucano muffs work and keep the cold off unless it's really, really freezing.

Back
Top Bottom