Multi bike insurance raping time

Phone up good-old Barry from Bikesure - who because we are in UKGSer - will give us top rates, cos we are safer..................... :blast

He's on every shagging forum, promising the same :rob

Bikesure - the MFI of insurance.............. always having a sale.

Al

Forget multibike I do mine individual

I use compare the market rich use all my NCD on the panny GS is £119 Monster £100 Panny £168 all with different companies

It's that time again!

I've called MCE, Bennetts, Carol Nash, The Bike Insurer, and Principal Insurance.

Hi Nutty,

Think yourself lucky you do not live in central London.

The majority of insurers will now not quote for bikes much beyond £10,000 in value, irrespective of being garaged, SD&P only, tracker and assorted other shit. The insurer of the BMW Motorrad scheme (Devitt chimps) has pulled out, no doubt having been toasted.

They'll quite happily insure a GT4 and Macan turbo parked on the road though.

Try Aegis, who I am talking to tomorrow, though you might need to go through a broker. And no, before you ask, I'm not a moataaaaaah (as it's pronounced) broker, mate.

ebike, too. All you have to do to be legal on the road is prove you have third party cover. If they don't pay your first party claim, kill them! Kill them all!

I had this ball ache in May when I went from a Tracer & R1200RS on a Devitt policy to a Tiger Explorer & R1200RS.

As Wapping says, few want to put two £12,000 bikes on a single policy.

I bit the bullet and took out a policy with C Nash for the 2 bikes from a date in May. I would let the Devitt policy lapse on 2/6/17. Triumph did me a big favour, as the bike failed the PDI and needed a part. So, I cancelled the CN policy before it actually started and had a full refund. CN kindly sent me a letter confirming my full NCB.

I renewed the BMW insurance as a separate policy using the Devitt NCB. Once I had a delivery date for the Triumph, I took out a separate policy using the CN NCB letter.

2 bikes insured on separate policies, both with full NCB. £300 or so cheaper than a multi-bike policy. CN & Devitt are no longer involved so should get away with it...

Hi Nutty,

Think yourself lucky you do not live in central London.

The majority of insurers will now not quote for bikes much beyond £10,000 in value, irrespective of being garaged, SD&P only, tracker and assorted other shit. The insurer of the BMW Motorrad scheme (Devitt chimps) has pulled out, no doubt having been toasted.

They'll quite happily insure a GT4 and Macan turbo parked on the road though.

Try Aegis, who I am talking to tomorrow, though you might need to go through a broker. And no, before you ask, I'm not a moataaaaaah (as it's pronounced) broker, mate.

ebike, too. All you have to do to be legal on the road is prove you have third party cover. If they don't pay your first party claim, kill them! Kill them all!

Ok, will give Aegis & ebike a try tomorrow.:thumb

2 bikes insured on separate policies, both with full NCB. £300 or so cheaper than a multi-bike policy. CN & Devitt are no longer involved so should get away with it...

Until you need to make a claim!:augie:D

Until you need to make a claim!:augie:D

that old chestnut - I have acted in complete good faith with 2 separate letters, with 2 different end dates, referring to 2 separate policies with 2 separate brokers via 2 separate underwriters and answered all underwriting questions asked truthfully...

that old chestnut - I have acted in complete good faith with 2 separate letters, with 2 different end dates, referring to 2 separate policies with 2 separate brokers via 2 separate underwriters and answered all underwriting questions asked truthfully...

Fair doos.:thumb

I've been told that I can only use my NCD on one bike, unless I build up a new NCD on another bike policy separately.

Ok, will give Aegis & ebike a try tomorrow.:thumb

I've got four bikes insured with e-bike (Z1300, KTM200, Bonnie T100 & Scrambler X) £390 all four and one (Triple Black LC) insured with Bennetts £196

I had two multi-bike policies running from years back when the Harley scheme insurer wouldn't let me stick a Rocket III on the same policy so they created a 2nd policy for the Rocket mirroring the maximum no claims I had with the Harley :D

Buy a Classic Bike and insure with CN

My 1970 Matchless is the lead bike on my Carole Nash classic policy that was taken out many years ago after Norwich Union Rider Policies ended all the other bikes have been added over time, annual cost at this years renewal £360

Up to this years renewal the policy also covered a 2013 R1200GS this bike didn't load the premium in any significant way.

The added bonus of having a classic bike in the fleet is no deprecation with the prospect of a little gain :clap

Attachments

• Bikes Covered.jpg
    Bikes Covered.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 329
Are you getting a NCD on that policy?

I was thinking of sticking my Z1300 on to a Classic Bike Policy but the cheapest (Swinton) wouldn't offer any NCD even after years of no claims :blast

Harley and gs with cornhill via iam, on separate polices.
About £350 for both. Well worth the cost of iam membership if only for the insurance.
When I renewed was told to go to a comparison sight and forward the best quote and they would match or beat.
Haven't had to claim yet but great service so far.( well they took the money very efficiently).

I've got a Rider Policy with my local insurer so it's me insured and not the individual bike . I can have an unlimited amount of bikes on the policy (was 5 until I sold one recently ) and don't even need to tell them when I change a bike .

It did shoot up a tenner to £181 this year though !!

I've got a Rider Policy with my local insurer so it's me insured and not the individual bike . I can have an unlimited amount of bikes on the policy (was 5 until I sold one recently ) and don't even need to tell them when I change a bike .

That's how it used to be with Norwich Union back in the 70's/80's ;)

Fair doos.:thumb

I've been told that I can only use my NCD on one bike, unless I build up a new NCD on another bike policy separately.

That's my understanding but thanks to the Carol Nash computer, I was sent that 2nd proof of NCD when I cancelled a policy before it started due to the Triumph delay.

Nutty,

Give BeMoto a call; https://www.bemoto.uk/44teeth-road-bike-insurance

I watched an interesting interview with one of the founders, thought the 44T discount made it worth a phone call, so gave them a try.

They were very good, got me a better deal than I had, and with one of the big underwriters.
A mate who also hangs about on here got a substantial saving when insuring multiple bikes too.

Worth 5 minutes on the phone...

I can see the attraction !

Change your bike inventory a few times in a year - and many insurers will top that in "alteration fees" :blast

Al

Back
Top Bottom