Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Multi bike insurance raping time

Buy a Classic Bike and insure with CN

My 1970 Matchless is the lead bike on my Carole Nash classic policy that was taken out many years ago after Norwich Union Rider Policies ended all the other bikes have been added over time, annual cost at this years renewal £360

Up to this years renewal the policy also covered a 2013 R1200GS this bike didn't load the premium in any significant way.

The added bonus of having a classic bike in the fleet is no deprecation with the prospect of a little gain
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Are you getting a NCD on that policy?

I was thinking of sticking my Z1300 on to a Classic Bike Policy but the cheapest (Swinton) wouldn't offer any NCD even after years of no claims
    2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    2017 BMW R Nine-T Scrambler X
    1996 BMW R80 GS Basic
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    1962 BSA Gold Flash
    2002 Triumph Bonneville (Desert Sled)
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    2001 Yamaha T-Max Mk1

Harley and gs with cornhill via iam, on separate polices.
    About £350 for both. Well worth the cost of iam membership if only for the insurance.
    When I renewed was told to go to a comparison sight and forward the best quote and they would match or beat.
    Haven't had to claim yet but great service so far.( well they took the money very efficiently).

I've got a Rider Policy with my local insurer so it's me insured and not the individual bike . I can have an unlimited amount of bikes on the policy (was 5 until I sold one recently ) and don't even need to tell them when I change a bike .

It did shoot up a tenner to £181 this year though !!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    I've got a Rider Policy with my local insurer so it's me insured and not the individual bike . I can have an unlimited amount of bikes on the policy (was 5 until I sold one recently ) and don't even need to tell them when I change a bike .

That's how it used to be with Norwich Union back in the 70's/80's
    2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    2017 BMW R Nine-T Scrambler X
    1996 BMW R80 GS Basic
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    1962 BSA Gold Flash
    2002 Triumph Bonneville (Desert Sled)
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    2001 Yamaha T-Max Mk1

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    Fair doos.

I've been told that I can only use my NCD on one bike, unless I build up a new NCD on another bike policy separately.
    That's my understanding but thanks to the Carol Nash computer, I was sent that 2nd proof of NCD when I cancelled a policy before it started due to the Triumph delay.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Nutty,

Give BeMoto a call; https://www.bemoto.uk/44teeth-road-bike-insurance

I watched an interesting interview with one of the founders, thought the 44T discount made it worth a phone call, so gave them a try.

They were very good, got me a better deal than I had, and with one of the big underwriters.
    A mate who also hangs about on here got a substantial saving when insuring multiple bikes too.

Worth 5 minutes on the phone...
    Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post

I can see the attraction !

Change your bike inventory a few times in a year - and many insurers will top that in "alteration fees"

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Right, all sorted, cheers folks. Went with Ageas, via eBike.

Much cheaper than everyone else, and the daft thing is that I'm currently with Ageas via Principal Insurance, and Principal were over £300 more expensive than eBike on this renewal.

They weren't happy when I told them I'm leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    Right, all sorted, cheers folks. Went with Ageas, via eBike.

Much cheaper than everyone else, and the daft thing is that I'm currently with Ageas via Principal Insurance, and Principal were over £300 more expensive than eBike on this renewal.

They weren't happy when I told them I'm leaving.
    As a matter of interest my CN policy is with Ageas

Quote Originally Posted by Magnon View Post
    As a matter of interest my CN policy is with Ageas
    That's the daft thing, most of the brokers use Ageas. I guess some want to try and make higher margins than others.

Wonder if they are hammering you due to Post codes? this one of many reasons that Insurance differs..

Hastings direct do two bikes for me, One is the Rallye like yours. You are correct the NCB can only be used on one bike but I rang them ,rather than push some buttons on a keyboard, And they offered a big discount on the other bike . I get both bikes at £210.00 with a £100 excess.

Why not try this and get the Rallye as the main bike ,then add the KTM .

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Wonder if they are hammering you due to Post codes? this one of many reasons that Insurance differs..

Hastings direct do two bikes for me, One is the Rallye like yours. You are correct the NCB can only be used on one bike but I rang them ,rather than push some buttons on a keyboard, And they offered a big discount on the other bike . I get both bikes at £210.00 with a £100 excess.

Why not try this and get the Rallye as the main bike ,then add the KTM .
    I tried it every which way. GS as the main bike, KTM as the main bike. Reducing mileages on one or the other. Increasing voluntary excess on the higher risk bike.

I've spent over 2 hours on the phone to several brokers this week, so can't say I didn't shop around!

I asked each broker why the GS insurance has gone up so much, and they said it's a very high risk bike, much higher than the 160bhp KTM. Two said it's because it's a high theft risk.

My postcode didn't come into it at all, as we live in a very low risk area.

My postcode didn't come into it at all, as we live in a very low risk area.
    Yes it did. Your postcode was the only clue to it being perveieved as being situated in a low risk location. Move to a different post code and your premium might well change, in both directions. Central London post codes are being hit with 'No quote' or very high premiums if the bike(s) is / are valued above £16,000 and by others £20,000.

In short, motorcycle premiums are by and large on the move and the move is generally upwards.

PS The bods in the Wilds of Nowhere postcodes needn't fret. A doubling will mean another 50p a month for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Yes it did. Your postcode was the only clue to it being perveieved as being situated in a low risk location. Move to a different post code and your premium might well change, in both directions. Central London post codes are being hit with 'No quote' or very high premiums if the bike(s) is / are valued above £16,000 and by others £20,000.

In short, motorcycle premiums are by and large on the move and the move is generally upwards.

PS The bods in the Wilds of Nowhere postcodes needn't fret. A doubling will mean another 50p a month for you guys.
    EXACTLY ........postcodes are one of the initial base's of your premium ..a london postcode ....LOLOLOL they just laugh ,if you live in the outer hebrides,were there is no bike theft...your laughing on the other side of your face ...

I have just run my rallye through the comparison sites and the premium has DROPPED....since i insured ....only £4 a year though !

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Give bemoto a go. They insured my TL1000s and my GS for £250+ I forget the exact figure, but it was less than the premium on my Citroen Xsara Picasso! They are exceptionally helpful, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast