A new boy.

Weston18

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

Just joined the forum as I'm looking at getting myself a R1200GSA TC and thought this would be the best place to trawl through to gather information.

I currently have a CBR600F Sport that was my first road legal bike but I'm 6'3 and make it look a little small hence the upgrade.

Hopefully once I get one I will be a more regular poster and maybe get to some gatherings.

Here's a shot of my current toy

748bec21191d3909cb5d48129ee3d11f.jpg

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome in - you won't need to spend a whole heap - getting a good TC Adv.

Al

Cheers chaps, I'm looking around the 8-9 grand mark. I've not ridden one yet and I'm struggling to find one in the local area at the moment.

Would you recommend riding a standard GS as well as a GSA?

Yes - give them both a try. Should get the last/best of the TCs for that sort of money.

Al

Cheers chaps, I'm looking around the 8-9 grand mark. I've not ridden one yet and I'm struggling to find one in the local area at the moment.

Would you recommend riding a standard GS as well as a GSA?

Greetings and welcome. Yeah, give them both a try but do consider what you will be using your bike for. The GSA is better for long distance with lesser fuel stops. The GS is equally good but slightly more flickable ... Try them both and decide. Doesn't your local dealer have some in stock?

Welcome along :thumb

I think at 6'3 you'd be better to go for a GSA ....... they also have more 'road presence' than a standard GS.... I've had a few GS's... now have a 2010 Twin Cam GSA and it seems a much more complete package than a similar GS.... and the tank range of well over 300 miles is brilliant ;)

The closest GSA in a dealer is over 60 miles away and I work shifts. Nothing has quite worked out yet but I'm not rushing things.

The extended fuel range would be advantageous, I commute about a hundred miles a day and currently I fill up once a day on mine and it grates after a while.

The closest GSA in a dealer is over 60 miles away and I work shifts. Nothing has quite worked out yet but I'm not rushing things.

The extended fuel range would be advantageous, I commute about a hundred miles a day and currently I fill up once a day on mine and it grates after a while.

Just keep your eye out on the for sale and wanted section..... surprising how often really sorted bikes come up for sale...... but don't let distance put you off..... I worked shifts and twice flew up to Edinburgh and road bikes home ( 1100GS and a 100 PD ) both bought off here .... the Twin Cam I bought a few months ago bucked the trend - 30 miles away in Burton on Trent :D I never thought I needed the tank range until I had GSA.... it's great not having to fill it so often

Once I see something that takes my fancy I will be away to view one. I would quite like to nip to a dealers first to ride one and make sure its for me. Slightly different to a high revving inline four.

Back
Top Bottom