Touratech insolvent ?

I've only bought a couple of things from them when they've had something nobody else had, or when I happened to pass near them in Niedereschach on a bike trip.

Other things have been massively marked up that you can buy them anywhere else a lot cheaper. Couldn't believe the price of tents from them, Hilleberg Nallo 3GT £1170 + £150 for footprint.....everywhere else £850 including footprint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where will folks get there overpriced tat from now :nenau

Meeeee :D www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk (from every cloud)

But seriously, whatever the (hidden or alternative) reason my first concern (competitor or not) is to the workforce (not that they are in the slightest concerned about me and that`s fine) as if this has been done for the wrong reasons (restructuring/clean slate/screw the suppliers over etc) then good hardworking people to whom TT owe their initial success may suffer because of it. Having seen this, and experienced it, at first hand it`s not good!

With luck they will restructure (but I thought Hein Gericke would.......) or be bought out and the workforce will be protected, for the most part. I hope so.

However, in my opinion (and I stress `in my opinion` as I always respect the differing opinion of others) I did see a few disappointing issues which I would have hoped they would have sorted;

1. Increasingly long delivery lead times (kinda figures now eh).
2. Prices which just seemed far too high (even for mass produced stuff).
3. Allegedly very poor service (have a chat with Nutty regarding how `good` service can be) .

I don`t wish to be misunderstood, I`m not here to bash TT (or anyone), I hope they get back on their feet (competitor or not) and I hope they can sort out the above issues which only dent a perceived `market leader` status.

I see it`s `TT AG` so it will be interesting as to how it affects any TT (UK) Ltd business`s..........

TT were over protective of the UK dealer in Wales. You were not permitted to buy TT products from Europe and the dealer in Wales charged a huge premium (more than currency differences). Had they made the prices equivalent in the U.K., or let market forces reign and allow proper competition, I'd have bought more.
TT 2017 will probably Phoenix and lose a lot of debt in the process. Horrible for the creditors but it seems like a viable business, if they lost the debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise words... a good summary imho.

Well glad I ordered my engine bars and headlight protector last week from Wunderlich, and got it all 2 days later, pity for the folks loosing their jobs, German people are nice when they get to know you well.

Touratech UK is not affected

There has been a lot of speculation and talk over the weekend, over the press release which was sent out on Friday 11th August regarding Touratech Germany starting Insolvency proceedings. We have been informed that this is a process under German law that allows Touratech AG to restructure, giving Touratech AG the opportunity to get it working as it should be.
We would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we have been told from Germany’s, the UK’s, and the rest of the World’s point of view, it is business as usual.
Firstly, Let me put it into some context Touratech UK, and all the distributors were all unaware of the current situation of Touratech Germany. We received an email at close of play on Friday at 17.05pm, where we were told exactly the same time as everyone else. This came as a complete shock to us.
Touratech UK like all the distributors worldwide, are independently owned companies. We are all importers of Touratech products and we have been informed that we will not be affected by the restructuring in Germany. Even though we have had supply issues in the past, we as a company have still continued to grow. This year alone UK sales are up due to the continued demand in the adventure bike market.
I can confirm from the Touratech UK customer’s point of view, nothing has changed. Touratech has been producing quality products for years and will continue to do so. The company is known for quality, innovative ideas and inspiration for adventure riders. We have been told that the production and delivery of Touratech products will continue without any interruptions during this restructuring process.
Nick and the team feel that the loyal customers of Touratech already know that the Touratech brand is the brand to be with and will be around for a long time to come. Touratech UK customers are always at the forefront of everything we do and we try to provide the right customer service culture to maximise customer satisfaction.
Touratech UK is 100% supporting Touratech Germany throughout this process, I know the Touratech brand will be a lot stronger for it.
Nick Plumb - CEO Touratech UK

That's good to hear Nick, hope you and the family are well.
John. :beerjug:

What do I do with that mighty tomb that my wife calls my 'wishing book'? Is the Touratech catalogue now confined to be a door stop? Once I clean the drool off it of course. Could never afford the damn stuff anyway, perhaps if they didn't print so many catalogues they would still be in business, ever heard of the internet guys? Anyway we should feel sorry for all those small suppliers who won't get paid as a result.

Touratech UK is not affected

There has been a lot of speculation and talk over the weekend, over the press release which was sent out on Friday 11th August regarding Touratech Germany starting Insolvency proceedings. We have been informed that this is a process under German law that allows Touratech AG to restructure, giving Touratech AG the opportunity to get it working as it should be.
We would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we have been told from Germany’s, the UK’s, and the rest of the World’s point of view, it is business as usual.
Firstly, Let me put it into some context Touratech UK, and all the distributors were all unaware of the current situation of Touratech Germany. We received an email at close of play on Friday at 17.05pm, where we were told exactly the same time as everyone else. This came as a complete shock to us.
Touratech UK like all the distributors worldwide, are independently owned companies. We are all importers of Touratech products and we have been informed that we will not be affected by the restructuring in Germany. Even though we have had supply issues in the past, we as a company have still continued to grow. This year alone UK sales are up due to the continued demand in the adventure bike market.
I can confirm from the Touratech UK customer’s point of view, nothing has changed. Touratech has been producing quality products for years and will continue to do so. The company is known for quality, innovative ideas and inspiration for adventure riders. We have been told that the production and delivery of Touratech products will continue without any interruptions during this restructuring process.
Nick and the team feel that the loyal customers of Touratech already know that the Touratech brand is the brand to be with and will be around for a long time to come. Touratech UK customers are always at the forefront of everything we do and we try to provide the right customer service culture to maximise customer satisfaction.
Touratech UK is 100% supporting Touratech Germany throughout this process, I know the Touratech brand will be a lot stronger for it.
Nick Plumb - CEO Touratech UK

Nick, as a key stakeholder ( regional distributor) will you take the opportunity to push for a level playing field for pricing? It can't be right within the EU that Touratech charges different prices across the community and distributors/ dealers are not authorised to post out of their respective regions. It does Touratech no favours to seek their kit cheaper in Europe than you can sell it.

This practice shouldn't exist now in the EU and post Brexit we mustn't tolerate this price fixing.

I hope the suppliers and employees don't get screwed, but I'm sure the former will. If it was just the banks and German Inland Revenue that's acceptable in my book.

Maybe this the opportunity to fix the website, which I find shockingly bad. They may have a lot of lines, but nothing compared with companies like RS.

Well supply seems to be affected as a screen I ordered is now 3+ weeks in and no sign of delivery. :tumbleweed

Quite normal. One of the reasons I will never ever have anything to do with this company ever again - ring up check item in stock, told yes it is, order it there and then, then...........nothing....... only to chase and be told its on backorder, tough shit buster.

Quite normal. One of the reasons I will never ever have anything to do with this company ever again - ring up check item in stock, told yes it is, order it there and then, then...........nothing....... only to chase and be told its on backorder, tough shit buster.

Well I sent an email on Friday to inquire about delivery and got a reply that it would be arriving that day. True to their word, it did arrive as they phoned me to tell me it was in stock, and also I'd have to pay a further (almost) £15 for delivery. That's a 'no' then, so cancelled order.

Back
Top Bottom