Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Touratech insolvent ?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by GADGET View Post
    Shame, I was in the new store recently, didn't buy anything though, too pricey for me and perhaps thats why they are in trouble.
    The press release explains why the company found itself in difficulties. No mention of your reluctance to disturb the moths.

SW Motech and Wunderlich although both very expensive must have hit them hard over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice 'n' Fat View Post
    So what we have is a German company, that promotes protectionist pricing against UK customers, who are probably going to fuck over all their suppliers yet come out the other side smelling all fresh, rosy and debt free

Fuck them !
    I agree 100%

Ditto

I've only bought a couple of things from them when they've had something nobody else had, or when I happened to pass near them in Niedereschach on a bike trip.

Other things have been massively marked up that you can buy them anywhere else a lot cheaper. Couldn't believe the price of tents from them, Hilleberg Nallo 3GT £1170 + £150 for footprint.....everywhere else £850 including footprint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Tiger View Post
    Where will folks get there overpriced tat from now
    Meeeee www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk (from every cloud)

But seriously, whatever the (hidden or alternative) reason my first concern (competitor or not) is to the workforce (not that they are in the slightest concerned about me and that`s fine) as if this has been done for the wrong reasons (restructuring/clean slate/screw the suppliers over etc) then good hardworking people to whom TT owe their initial success may suffer because of it. Having seen this, and experienced it, at first hand it`s not good!

With luck they will restructure (but I thought Hein Gericke would.......) or be bought out and the workforce will be protected, for the most part. I hope so.

However, in my opinion (and I stress `in my opinion` as I always respect the differing opinion of others) I did see a few disappointing issues which I would have hoped they would have sorted;

1. Increasingly long delivery lead times (kinda figures now eh).
    2. Prices which just seemed far too high (even for mass produced stuff).
    3. Allegedly very poor service (have a chat with Nutty regarding how `good` service can be) .

I don`t wish to be misunderstood, I`m not here to bash TT (or anyone), I hope they get back on their feet (competitor or not) and I hope they can sort out the above issues which only dent a perceived `market leader` status.

I see it`s `TT AG` so it will be interesting as to how it affects any TT (UK) Ltd business`s..........

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Snooty View Post
    The village idiot fuse tester will be along any minute to blame it on Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by R1200GSAPilot View Post
    TT were over protective of the UK dealer in Wales. You were not permitted to buy TT products from Europe and the dealer in Wales charged a huge premium (more than currency differences). Had they made the prices equivalent in the U.K., or let market forces reign and allow proper competition, I'd have bought more.
    TT 2017 will probably Phoenix and lose a lot of debt in the process. Horrible for the creditors but it seems like a viable business, if they lost the debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wise words... a good summary imho.

Well glad I ordered my engine bars and headlight protector last week from Wunderlich, and got it all 2 days later, pity for the folks loosing their jobs, German people are nice when they get to know you well.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Touratech UK is not affected

There has been a lot of speculation and talk over the weekend, over the press release which was sent out on Friday 11th August regarding Touratech Germany starting Insolvency proceedings. We have been informed that this is a process under German law that allows Touratech AG to restructure, giving Touratech AG the opportunity to get it working as it should be.
    We would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we have been told from Germany’s, the UK’s, and the rest of the World’s point of view, it is business as usual.
    Firstly, Let me put it into some context Touratech UK, and all the distributors were all unaware of the current situation of Touratech Germany. We received an email at close of play on Friday at 17.05pm, where we were told exactly the same time as everyone else. This came as a complete shock to us.
    Touratech UK like all the distributors worldwide, are independently owned companies. We are all importers of Touratech products and we have been informed that we will not be affected by the restructuring in Germany. Even though we have had supply issues in the past, we as a company have still continued to grow. This year alone UK sales are up due to the continued demand in the adventure bike market.
    I can confirm from the Touratech UK customer’s point of view, nothing has changed. Touratech has been producing quality products for years and will continue to do so. The company is known for quality, innovative ideas and inspiration for adventure riders. We have been told that the production and delivery of Touratech products will continue without any interruptions during this restructuring process.
    Nick and the team feel that the loyal customers of Touratech already know that the Touratech brand is the brand to be with and will be around for a long time to come. Touratech UK customers are always at the forefront of everything we do and we try to provide the right customer service culture to maximise customer satisfaction.
    Touratech UK is 100% supporting Touratech Germany throughout this process, I know the Touratech brand will be a lot stronger for it.
    Nick Plumb - CEO Touratech UK

That's good to hear Nick, hope you and the family are well.
    John.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12