Africa Twin Servicing

A valve check on a VFR was 700 quid. That was because the VTEC valves were a pain to open up.

They never need adjusting. I had 67k on and never needed adjustment.

If I was keeping the bike I wouldn't even get it done.

I got told by a dealer on Friday that the 3 year service plan would include the big 16k one. And he would sell me the plan for £300.

Where is this dealer - I'll ride down from Derbyshire if he'll do it for that price!

saw an advert today for £375 for first three services...I guess 600, 8000 and the big 16000...but just did a quick google...and the fine print reads eg a cbr125....It will include parts though. Here you go...675 for 3 services..http://www.northwest-honda.co.uk/services/service-plans

If the service contains a valve clearance check, does this include adjustments?
The valve clearance check will be part of the service and covered by the Service Plan. However, any additional parts and labour required to adjust the valve clearances (such as buckets and shims, etc), will incur an additional cost.

If the service contains a valve clearance check, does this include adjustments?
The valve clearance check will be part of the service and covered by the Service Plan. However, any additional parts and labour required to adjust the valve clearances (such as buckets and shims, etc), will incur an additional cost.

See post #12 :rob

Well shouldnt be much extra labour if its already stripped for inspection. And shims are cheap. Id buy one

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Shims are just exchanged, so there 'should' be no charge other than labour for removing & refitting the cam/s

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I thought they were the old screw and locknut type ? way back saw some yank forum post about old primitive system yada yada :nenau

Aren't they a 'unicam' engine like the vfr12 motor whereby one set of valves (exhausts?) are screw & locknut & the other set are bucket and shim.
I stand to be corrected on this.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom