R1100GS erratic RID

West coast gser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi was riding along today and looked down and the numbers on the clock were going up as if you were changing the time ,it had been fine before that ,so I pulled over and switched the ignition off and on again and this time all the bars were at the top and the gear indicator reads 8 whats went wrong ?:confused: I took out the fuses and replaced them but the rid is still the same ..so fired up the bike and rode home ..

Attachments

• WP_20170812_16_22_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170812_16_22_11_Pro.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 292
Try some contact cleaner on the multiplug behind the panel by your Right knee.

The one coming from the fuel tank connecting to the male socket fixed to the frame as mentioned behind panel which pulls off from three studs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be very interested to hear if you can solve this problem. I too experienced the same symptoms and couldn't find a solution. I have removed my RID and just use the trip meter and low fuel warning light!

Regards...

I have one sat in my garage at home that works, you would simply need to swap the plastic cover over. £40 posted to anyone interested.

Well took the RID completely to bits and it was still doing it so said stuff it n put the front screen on with rubber buttons and gave them a press and hey presto it all cleared ..:thumb2 so fired it up and all the fuel bars n temp bars work and also the clock ..dunno what was wrong mibbe the rubber button had jammed n caused the rid to have a hissy fit ..who knows :confused: but glad I dont have to fork out for another ...jus to fix the FD now :) cheers for the replies :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom