Chopping in a 12 for an 8 ??

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
Bought a TB last March on pcp but really fancy the 800 adventure, any ideas how much I'm like;y to get raped by chopping my TB in so early, was initially over 4 years but not even had it two.

Bought a TB last March on pcp but really fancy the 800 adventure, any ideas how much I'm like;y to get raped by chopping my TB in so early, was initially over 4 years but not even had it two.

I'd get it sold privately. And buy a new bike on a new PCP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any ideas how much I'm likely to get raped by chopping my TB in so early?

So much it's not worth it, I doubt you can sell it privately as you don't own it, the finance company does. It's a lovely bike, just keep it.

Test rode the 8 today, brilliant, far better real world bike.

What's happened to you ? Coincidental disapearring act as someone one else !!!

So much it's not worth it, I doubt you can sell it privately as you don't own it, the finance company does. It's a lovely bike, just keep it.

He can definitely sell it privately ...i bet their will be negative equity in the bike,depends what deposit you put down at purchase. You will get more money selling private, but you are then responsible for clearing the finance. The new buyer will want it clearing before or at the time of the deal. So he will be giving you a cheque and you might have to top it up to clear the balance.

just check with your dealer what he will offer as a part ex deal, might be worth giving him the business again if you handle it correctly , free nav, free service etc etc dont ask won't get

I had to deliver on Thursday and then pick up my mates new (to him) F800 GSA on Friday as it was having a 6k service. I'd only ridden the 800ST years ago when they came out and was pleasantly surprised with the GSA. Really smooth, enough power in the real world, better aero than my AT, comfy etc etc. If Honda hadn't brought out the AT, I think I'd be damn happy owning an 800. My mate took his over to Scotland in July and did the NC500. The bike was fully loaded with the alu panniers/topbox and he had his lady on the rear. His only complaint...... the rear shock was the weakest link and he is going to change it to an Ohlins built for his needs.

I've had a f800 gsa. Great bike in every respect save for the wheel and tyers. Tubes are a pain to repair. After 4 punctures I changed mine for a1200gsa. The new 800/850 or whatever it will be is said to be tubeless. JJH

I've had a f800 gsa. Great bike in every respect save for the wheel and tyers. Tubes are a pain to repair. After 4 punctures I changed mine for a1200gsa. The new 800/850 or whatever it will be is said to be tubeless. JJH

I should add that I won't be buying one as I love my 1200. JJH

A pal is an avid KTM fan, said he'd never get a BMW, and now has an 800 GSA. Said it's the best bike he's owned.

Probably is enough 'real world' power, but I had one for a weekend ( not the adv ) and thought the engine was a bit 'buzzy' compared to the 1150 and 1200.

I've sold my last GS, no problem. You pay finance off, sell it privately, regain your capital, you will alway get more back by selling privately than dealer will offer you in PX. Remember that the value of your bike looses -20% the moment it leaves showroom (VAT)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had one, will never have another one, the 1200 is better in every way.

You might struggle to sell it private due to the cost.
With the advent of the PcP not many people are willing to drop 10k plus cash on a bike.

The 12 is a fantastic bike and yes better than the 8 no question but for my needs it's too much.

Too much what? The difference in weight isn't that much, ridden both off road and the 1200 is better balanced, fuel economy isn't that much better than the 1200 unless you ride everywhere at 50mph, wind protection is better, comfort is better, the list goes on, keep the 1200 is my advice.

Back
Top Bottom