BMW Motorrad extended warrenty

fantic156

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Toying with the idea of adding an XR to the collection and want to know how much the extended warranty is. Also is it safe to assume the level of cover is similar to the GS extended warranty?

Not adverse to buying from dealer at all, in fact would prefer. Interested in adding 2 years insured warranty cost to private sales to see how close private prices are to dealers, like ish for like.

Not adverse to buying from dealer at all, in fact would prefer. Interested in adding 2 years insured warranty cost to private sales to see how close private prices are to dealers, like ish for like.

I've just been quoted by BMW, can't find my letter but it's around the £400 mark. I really don't see the need on my bike (2015 XR) as it has been faultless since new. IMHO the build quality and paintwork is far better than my previous GS's and over the last 10yrs I've only used the warranty once on an RT1200. Gonna risk it this time.

Thanks for the response. Will have to check on how much a decent European recovery policy will cost as a stand alone item before paying £400 ish. Only had GSs' before and have had my money's worth from the warranty, never needed recovery etc but do cross the water a couple of times a year so will want peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom